No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - IVANOVIC 6-4 3-6 4-6 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Azarenka lines up a third match point as Ivanovic produces yet another unforced error on her forehand to fizz wide. The Serb briefly rallies to stay in it but two more mistakes gift the number two seed a victory which seems an apt way for this topsy-turvy contest to end. Azarenka will now face Daniela Hantuchova in the last eight.
- - IVANOVIC 6-4 3-6 4-5 - BREAK! Ivanovic doesn't know when she's beaten and stays with the number two seed, saving two match points before finally making a third break point count following a fourth deuce. Yet another twist in this thrilling contest.
- - IVANOVIC 6-4 3-6 3-5 - BREAK! A double fault gets Ivanovic off to the worst possible start and Azarenka takes full advantage, forcing a weak slice from her opponent that barely makes the net. The Serb shows her frustration by smashing her racket against the floor before firing a forehand long to hand Azarenka three break points. Ivanovic saves two before firing wide after a long rally to leave Azarenka to serve for the match.
- - IVANOVIC 6-4 3-6 3-4 - Azarenka piles the pressure back on the Serb by racing into a 40-0 lead. Ivanovic briefly rallies with a delicious disguise on a shot across court, but in the next point she fires into the net to gift the number two seed the game.
- - IVANOVIC 6-4 3-6 3-3 - It's all square in this epic battle as Ivanovic holds for the first time in this set. At 40-30 the 13th seed wobbles on her serve but Azarenka slams a raking shot across court wide to hand her a way back into the contest.
- - IVANOVIC 6-4 3-6 2-3 - BREAK! This match continues to be unpredictable as Ivanovic hits back immediately by taking the game to love after Azarenka double faulted at break point. Who'd bet on the winner from here?
- - IVANOVIC 6-4 3-6 1-3 - BREAK! What could be a hugely significant game in this match goes the way of the number two seed, who forces a double deuce with some resilient play before winning it with a delightful drop shot after Ivanovic had handed her the break point with a forehand wide.
- - IVANOVIC 6-4 3-6 1-2 - BREAK! A double fault from Azarenka does not help her cause as Ivanovic refuses to go away in this clash and brings up a break back point with a forehand that Azarenka can only return long. The chance goes begging as does a second when Azarenka finds a cross court forehand approach shot winner but Azarenka squanders a game point with a double before handing Ivanovic a third chance with another double. And this time the Serb does break with a stunning lob.
- - IVANOVIC 6-4 3-6 0-2 - BREAK! Azarenka is looking like a completely different opponent for Ivanovic now as a backhand volley winner and a forehand winner combine to bring the Belarusian three more break points. She only needs the one though as Ivanovic nets a forehand and Azarenka is looking more and more likely to be the winner of this clash.
- - IVANOVIC 6-4 3-6 0-1 - Out of nowhere, Ivanovic thumps a forehand winner across court from out wide to get herself off the mark in this third set. But she is unable to level at 30-all despite getting Azarenka on the run, netting a backhand, before the Belarusian goes on to hold for the opening game of this final set.
- - So far this year, Azarenka has won 10 of her 12 matches that have gone to a third set. Ivanovic, meanwhile, has won just eight out of 18 three set matches that she has played.
- - IVANOVIC 6-4 3-6 - SET! Ivanovic's serve is really beginning to let her down and a seventh double hands Azarenka three set points. The world number two only needs the one though as a brutal return of serve is met by a forehand into the net. Azarenka has levelled the clash at one set apeice.
- - IVANOVIC 6-4 3-5 - Yet another double fault from the racquet of Azarenka hands Ivanovic a first point in the game while Ivanovic denies the Belarusian on a first game point with a very good smash winner. But Azarenka holds at the second attempt when Ivanovic's forehand return goes long and the Serb will have to serve to stay in this second set next.
- - IVANOVIC 6-4 3-4 - Another double fault from Ivanovic looks ominous as it hands Azarenka a 0-30 lead against the Serb's serve. But Ivanovic changes things up with a couple of serve and volley points, winning both of them to level before two big serves, both of which Azarenka returns long, hands the Serb the hold that keeps her in this second set.
- - IVANOVIC 6-4 2-4 - Azarenka enjoys her most comfortable service hold of the match so far and she holds to 15 with a great drop shot that Ivanovic can not return over the net despite doing brilliantly well to get up to the ball.
- - IVANOVIC 6-4 2-3 - BREAK! Consecutive errors from the Ivanovic racquet hands the Belarusian another three break points. The first goes begging when Azarenka sends a forehand long and the second on a backhand passing shot wide down the line. Ivanovic thinks she's saved the third with an ace only for hawkeye to show the ball dropped just milimetres wide. After the hawkeye delay between first and second serves it was almost inevitable that Ivanovic would double fault. Which is exactly what she does
- - IVANOVIC 6-4 2-2 - BREAK! Another double fault from Azarenka to open the game as she goes on to find herself staring at another two break points. Once again though Ivanovic only needs the one, Azarenka netting yet another forehand to concede her advantage for a second time in this set.
- - IVANOVIC 6-4 1-2 - BREAK! Ivanovic uses all of her body weight to pull round on a backhand down the line from out wide, forcing the ball to curl back into play for a winner, before an off-forehand winner across court back behind Azarenka brings up two game points. They both go begging before a forehand drive volley long hands Azarenka another break point. Azarenka goes long with a forehand to squander it but she gets another chance and this time Ivanovic slaps down a double to concede her serve.
- - IVANOVIC 6-4 1-1 - BREAK! A double fault from Azarenka, already her third after just seven second serves, and Ivanovic has two break back points. And a fourth double from the world number two gifts Ivanovic the immediate break back.
- - IVANOVIC 6-4 0-1 - BREAK! A change-of-direction backhand into the net from Ivanovic, after a cross court forehand exchange, allows Azarenka to level at 30-all before the Serb slaps down a double fault to gift the Belarusian a break point. It goes begging when Azarenka pulls her cross court backhand wide but a cross court backhand wide on the next point from Ivanovic gifts her another chance. And this time the second seed does break with a sliced backhand into the net from Ivanovic.
- - IVANOVIC 6-4 - SET! A forehand from Azarenka that sits up into Ivanovic's hitting zone sees the Serb get off the mark in the game before a netted forehand from Azarenka gives her a second point. Ivanovic brings up two set points with a thunderous forehand winner across court. But she only needs the one with more heavy hitting off the forehand wing, drawing another netted forehand from Azarenka.
- - IVANOVIC 5-4 - BREAK! A backhand long and a double fault and Ivanovic looks set to collapse as she serves for the set. Ivanovic finds a better serve on the third point of the game but the ball sits right up into Azarenka's hitting zone and she has three break back points. The Belarusian squanders the first with a forehand long while Ivanovic saves the second with an ace. But Azarenka does break back on the third with a forehand winner across court after a lengthy rally.
- - IVANOVIC 5-3 - A forehand return of serve winner followed by a sliced backhand and forehand passing shot winner across court from Ivanovic and she has a 0-30 lead. Azarenka pegs one point back with a bigger serve and the second with a drive volley across court. 30-all. Another big serve and then a cross court forehand winner and Azarenka has the hold. Ivanovic will still serve for the opening set though.
- - IVANOVIC 5-2 - Great serving from Ivanovic as she holds to 15 with a forehand winner across court, back behind Azarenka, an ace and a huge first serve that Azarenka can only net off the forehand wing. The Belarusian will have to serve to stay in this opening set after the change of ends.
- - IVANOVIC 4-2 - Ivanovic is seeing the ball so early today as she steps outside to rattle a forehand return of serve winner right back at the feet of Azarenka to bring up another break point. The Belarusian saves it this time with a big serve before going on to hold a couple of points later with an ace but she looks far from comfortable still.
- - IVANOVIC 4-1 - Ivanovic's turn now to have a slight wobble on serve as she finds herself 0-30 down after a double fault. The Serb forces herself back into the game with a forehand winner and a much better first serve that Azarenka can only net off hte backhand wing. There's a long delay at 30-all as the ball kids are called to clean up some rain water from earlier that has collected at the back of the court but Ivanovic copes with it well and rattles off two more points to hold.
- - IVANOVIC 3-1 - Azarenka is really struggling to find her range so far in this match as she forces her way to a 40-15 lead only to slap two forehand errors to allow Ivanovic back into the game. But a big first serve just when it is needed helps Azarenka earn herself another game point and this time she finally takes advantage to ger her side of the scoreboard ticking over.
- - IVANOVIC 3-0 - Ivanovic is not exactly known for her serve but she has started well today, a forehand winner, an ace and a follow-up backhand winner helping the Serb on her way to a hold to 15 that consolidates the early break.
- - IVANOVIC 2-0 - BREAK! Ivanovic is off to an absolute flier on Arthur Ashe, breaking just the world number two is just the second game when Azarenka sends a regulation forehand sailing long of the baseline.
|Date of Birth||06/11/1987|
|Date of Birth||31/07/1989|