No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 7-6 4-6 5-7 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Hewitt saves a first match point with a blistering cross court backhand an easy smash winner to follow-up. But he can't quite replicate that on the second, his backhand catching the top of the net and bouncing back on to his side. Russian 21st seed Youzhny is through to face either Djokovic or Granollers in the last eight. Men's drawsheet.
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 7-6 4-6 5-6 - BREAK! It's a mixed bag from Hewitt and it could cost him this match. He's hit some fine winners but the unforced errors are making him work extra hard to stay in games. A ninth double fault puts him under pressure and despite saving a break point after deuce he hits another shot long to give Youzhny the chance to serve for the match.
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 7-6 4-6 5-5 - We are all level once again. Youzhny wins a great rally with a volley that nicks the line before crashing down an ace to take control. He goes on to see out the game to love when Hewitt fires an attempted forehand winner long.
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 7-6 4-6 5-4 - BREAK! Another twist in this epic encounter. A sensational rally at the net gives the big Russian two break points and he saves himself when Hewitt fires an aggressive approach shot into the net.
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 7-6 4-6 5-3 - Youzhny feels the heat as Hewitt unleashes a fizzing forehand to lead 15-30. The former world number one is pegged back though and Youzhny holds courtesy of a big serve and an unforced error on a forehand into the net from Hewitt.
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 7-6 4-6 5-2 - The Aussie can see the finish line now, pounding down ace number eight to secure the game to 15. Youzhny will serve to stay in the match as we hit the three and a half hour mark.
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 7-6 4-6 4-2 - BREAK! Youzhny double faults on break point to provide Hewitt with a massive opportunity in this deciding set. The Aussie had a medical time-out in the previous game for a gash on his arm and fought off a stern challenge to hold. It's in his hands now.
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 7-6 4-6 2-2 - After a flurry of breaks we've seen a couple of top drawer service games. This time, Youzhny takes it to love. A backhand smash following a keenly-contested rally will linger long in the memory. Superb athleticism.
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 7-6 4-6 2-1 - Buoyed by that emphatic break, Hewitt carries the sizzling form into his service game. A seventh ace wraps it up in a double-quick time and we are back on serve.
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 7-6 4-6 1-1 - BREAK! This match is so unpredictable! Just when you thought Hewitt was down and out he breaks back to love. An overhead smash following one of the best rallies of the encounter so far is the pick of the points.
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 7-6 4-6 0-1 - BREAK! Youzhny continues his hot streak by landing the early break. The Russian shows he's still got the legs, hitting a sensational winner across court after picking up Hewitt's drop volley at the net.
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 7-6 4-6 - SET! Youzhny holds firm to keep Hewitt at bay after an early scare to level the match up and send it into a fifth-set decider.
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 7-6 4-5 - BREAK! Hewitt endures a nightmare service game as he double faults twice, most notably on the decisive break point to leave Youzhny serving for the set.
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 7-6 4-4 - Youzhny levels it up in the fourth as Hewitt nets a forehand to drop the game to the Russian to 15. Is the tide turning in favour of the number 21 seed?
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 7-6 4-2 - The Aussie pushes Youzhny to 40-30 but can only steer a defensive shot long as his bid for a double break is fought off.
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 7-6 3-0 - The 32-year-old holds to 15 as the Russian once again gets the height of his slice all wrong and clips it straight into the net with an attempt down the line.
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 7-6 2-0 - BREAK! A fantastic start to the fourth set for Hewitt who takes the game to 15 after Youzhny fires a frustrated forehand into the net under no real pressure.
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 6-6 - TIE BREAK! Slight confusion with the scoreline in previous updates - but it is one set all with Hewitt dropping the first before storming back in the second. The Aussie serves down an ace to take the game to love and force a tie break.
- - HEWITT 6-3 3-6 5-5! - BREAK! The former world number one races into a 30-0 lead but then sees the Russian storm back to level with a crashing overhead smash. An ace gives Hewitt set point but he follows it up with a double fault to give Youzhny a reprieve. The number 21 seed takes full advantage, following up a Hewitt error with a well-timed winner to outfox the Aussie. We're level pegging once again.
- - HEWITT 6-3 3-6 5-4 - BREAK! A double fault hands Hewitt two break points. The Aussie then wins the longest rally of the match - a thrilling 46 shot face-off - with a rasping shot down the line. Hewitt will now serve for the set.
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 3-4 - Hewitt holds his own serve before forcing the Russian to 30-30. However, a poor attempt at a winner across court goes well wide allowing Youzhny to take the game to 30 with a well-executed back hand smash.
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 2-3 - BREAK! Wow! A double fault offers the Aussie a sniff to level at 30-30 ands he takes full advantage. At break point he heaps the pressure on Youzhny who looks all set to level at deuce with a dominant rally, until he is undone by an absolutely sensational lob from Hewitt. He rolled back the years there!
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 1-3 - BREAK! Youzhny edges ahead to put Hewitt's hopes of making a Grand Slam quarter-final for the first time since 2009 into major doubt.
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 1-1 - Hewitt's 'slice' tactics have put him on top in this match and after sneaking 40-30 ahead, a sublime angled lob is too good for the Russian, who can only hammer his recovery shot long.
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 0-1 - A big hold for Youzhny, who battles back from 30-40 down to put his collapse at the end of the second set behind him.
- - HEWITT 3-6 6-3 - SET! Hewitt serves out the set to love as Youzhny fires a back hand wide. A great few games for the 2001 US Open champion who has now won a raft of points without reply after breaking to love. All square here.
- - HEWITT 3-6 5-3 - BREAK! Hewitt is showing some real signs of recovery here, breaking the number 21 seed for the second time in the set. The Aussie will now serve to level up the clash.
- - HEWITT 3-6 4-3 - Hewitt powers back from 15-30 down to stay ahead. The Aussie is showing the type of spirit that has become a trademark down the years and he's going to need it against the Russian's power.
- - HEWITT 3-6 3-3 - Youzhny gets his game back on track with some powerful forehands to race into a 40-0 lead. A double fault gives Hewitt some hope but, after a defensive rally peppered with sliced shots, the Aussie hits the net with a tame effort.
- - HEWITT 3-6 3-2 - The Aussie crashes down a fourth ace of the match to set up game point before slicing a high backhand down the line that Youzhny can only volley into the net.
- - HEWITT 3-6 2-2 - BREAK! Hewitt fires an angled shot across the court to break straight back after the Russian had roared out of the traps yet again. Back on serve in this second set.
- - HEWITT 3-6 - SET! The number 21 seed makes his supercharged start to the contest count, holding serve to see out the first set.
- - HEWITT 0-3 - Youzhny has made a cracking start here, breaking Hewitt in the second game and holding his serve to take an early advantage.
- - Coming up in the next few minutes over on Louis Armstrong will be what should be a good old fashioned clash between 32-year-old Lleyton Hewitt and 31-year-old Mikhail Youzhny.
|Date of Birth||25/06/1982|
|Date of Birth||24/02/1981|