No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - So defending champion Andy Murray is through to the quarter-finals where he will face Stanislas Wawrinka, inching ever closer to that predicted, mouth-watering last four meeting with world number one Novak Djokovic. Men's drawsheet.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 6-1 6-4 6-4 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Murray rushes himself into another double fault as he races through the game. It allows Istomin to level at 30-all but Murray quickly recovers to bring up match point with a much bigger first serve that Istomin nets in return. And a trip into the net seals the match for Murray as he buries a forehand volley winner in the open court.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 6-1 6-4 5-4 - BREAK! Murray puts up a defensive lob after scampering around the baseline. The ball goes very high and somehow comes back down in play, just inside the baseline, for Istomin to take a serve like swing at the ball. But it's also given Murray a chance to get back in position and the Brit knocks a bakchand back down the line to draw the netted forehand from Istomin to concede his serve. Murray will serve for the match next.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 6-1 6-4 4-4 - Murray racaes through to three more game points only to hit consecutive forehand errors to allow Istomin back into the game. But the Brit seals the hold at the third attempt when Istomin nets a forehand.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 6-1 6-4 3-4 - Another blink-and-you'll-miss-it service holds in this routh set as both players look to get this done as soon as possible. The temperature has dropped quickly by the way and the wind is still swirling.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 6-1 6-4 3-3 - Murray yells at himself loudly after slapping down a double fault. It appears to work too as he doesn't drop anotther point on serve and goes on to hold when Istomin puts a forehand return into the net.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 6-1 6-4 2-3 - Istomin posts a love service hold of his own when Murray slaps a forehand return of serve into the net and the players return to the chairs once more with the Uzbek leading in this fourth set.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 6-1 6-4 2-2 - Murray races through a love service hold after rushing Istomin into consecutive forehand errors. The Brit was making an obvious effort in that game to speed up this match, even at one point collecting the loose ball before the ballkid and going back out to serve with it.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 6-1 6-4 1-2 - Istomin rattles a forehand winner down the line to bring up two more game points and that's all he needs to take another service game to 15 when Murray nets a backhand return.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 6-1 6-4 1-1 - Murray is shaking his head and stretching his back and is clearly far from happy at the start of this fourth set. But he cruises through an opening service hold of his own to 15, Istomin netting a forehand to end the game.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 6-1 6-4 0-1 - Istomin takes a lengthy comfort break again at the change of ends while Murray paces around the baseline waiting for his opponents return to court. And when the Uzbek does come back out on to court, he holds to 15 to get the set underway.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 6-1 6-4 - SET! Murray brings up a first set point with a service winner out wide to the Istomin backhand before sealing the two sets to one lead with another big serve that puts Istomin on the back foot and eventually adds in a backhand error from the Uzbek.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 6-1 5-4 - An ace from Istomin, just the fourth of the night, down the centre of the court at least asks Murray the question of serving out the set after the change of ends.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 6-1 5-3 - A flicked forehand winner across court from Murray after he has raced from one side of the court to the other gets the crowd up on their feet. Murray goes on from there to hold when Istomin again goes for the show-boating between-the-legs shot instead of a regulation forehand and sends the ball sailing long. The Uzbek will have to serve to stay in this third set next.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 6-1 4-3 - BREAK! An epic game from both players are Istomin saves three break points and Murray saves a number of game points before eventually re-establishing his break lead with a forehand back behind the Uzbek and drawing the rushed backhand error.
- - NURRAY 6-7(5) 6-1 3-3 - BREAK! Murray saves a first break point with a forehand winner and then also the second with an inside out forehand wide across court from Istomin. But he can do nothing about the third and the Uzbek has the break back with a big return onto the baseline that Murray can only net. Back on serve in this third set.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 6-1 3-1 - Murray holds to consolidate the break without too much trouble, the Brit finding an ace down the centre of the court to seal the game to 15, and to consolidate the break in this third set.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 6-1 2-1 - BREAK! Murray rattles a forehand winner down the line to take the opening point on the Istomin serve before going on to earn himself a break point despite a service winner from the Uzbek in hte middle of the game. And another forehand winner seals the break for the Brit.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 6-1 1-1 - A forehand smash winner into the open court and an ace he[p Murray on his way to a comfortable hold to 30 when Istomin fails to land a forehand return in court.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 6-1 0-1 - After taking a comfort break at the end of that second set, Istomin comes out to make a storming start to the third, holding to 15 for the opening game of the third with an ace.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 6-1 - SET! A shockingly poor forehand volley from Murray, framed well long, temporarily derails the Brit's attempt to serve out the set. But better serving again from the Brit sees him serve out to 30 with a serve that Istomin can only net on the return,
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 5-1 - BREAK! A first break point goes begging for Murray when he sends a forehand long while Istomin saves the second with a brilliant sliced forehand drop shot winner. The third seed also misses the chance to take advantage of the third but finally Murray does secure the double break at the fourth attempt when Istomin misses a backhand.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 4-1 - Murray posts another service hold to 15 to maintain his advantage in this second set. Just like against Leonardo Mayer in the second round, Murray is really looking much more confident with the first set out of the way, even though he lost it.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 3-1 - Much better from Istomin on serve this time as he eases through a love hold to get his side of the scoreboard ticking over once more.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 3-0 - Murray holds for the loss of just the one point, to consolidate the break with a big serve out wide and forehand winner.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 2-0 - BREAK! Istomin goes long with a forehand to gift Murray two early break points in this second set. He saves the first with a trip into the net to rushes Murray into the forehand error. Murray thinks he got the second with a deep forehand only for the ball to be called out and then over-ruled by the umpire. They replay the point and this time there is no doubt as Murray lulls Istomin in to a rhythm with the sliced backhand before an injection of pace on a forehand winner
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) 1-0 - Murray opens the second set with a much more positive hold to 15, throwing in a backhand winner and so good serving that Istmoin cannot get back in play.
- - MURRAY 6-7(5) - SET! Murray is furious with himself when he pulls an inside out forehand wide across court while attempting to take control of another building rally.
- - MURRAY 6-6 (5-6) - TIE-BREAK! Istomin nets a fairly regulation forehand to gift Murray a 5-3 lead before grabbing one point back with a forehand winner down the line. A double fault gives Istomin the chance to level before he nets a sliced backhand to gift the Uzbek a first set point, on his own serve.
- - MURRAY 6-6 (3-3) - TIE-BREAK! Murray slices down heavily on a short forehand drop shot winner to get back on level terms at 2-all after going an early break down. A mis-hit backhand forehand from Istomin then allows Murray to level up again at 3-3 at the change of ends.
- - MURRAY 6-6 - Istomin pulls Murray into the net with an angled inside-out forehand drop shot, pulling the Brit out of position, only to put his inside out forehand wide across court. A big first serve from Murray then seals the game and ensures this set ends on a tie-break.
- - MURRAY 5-6 - Murray again deploys the defensive play but this time Istomin is equal to the task and brings up a game point with a smash winner to end a 29-stroke rally. And an ace seals the game for the Uzbek. Murray will have to serve to stay in it once again, this time to force the breaker.
- - MURRAY 5-5 - Murray has little trouble this time in holding, to 15, although things could have been made more tricky for him had Istomin not gone to the between-the-legs shots after easily getting up to a stop volley from the Brit. It would have been a fairly easy put away for the Uzbek on a regular shot but instead he nets his forehand and it's back all square.
- - MURRAY 4-5 - BREAK! Murray leaps all over the Istomin serve to earn himself three break back points when the Uzbek nets a forehand. The first chance goes begging on a netted forehand return from Murray but a double fault from the Uzbek on the second and it's back on serve, albeit with Murray still serving to stay in it.
- - MURRAY 3-5 - BREAK! A poor game from Murray as he nets a forehand to gift Istomin to break points. The Brit finds a better serve on the first but aanother forehand error on the follow-up, this time long, and Istomin has the break and will serve for the opening set.
- - MURRAY 3-4 - Murray absorbs a huge amount of pressure from Istomin, eventually drawing the forehand wide down the line as the Uzbek attempts to put the ball into a gap that isn't really there. But Istomin still goes on to hold at the second attempt and take the lead once more.
- - MURRAY 3-3 - Murray is incredibly fast up to a drop shot by Istomin despite starting from two metres behind the baseline but he puts his cross court forehand just wide to squander a first game point. Still the Brit holds at the second attempt and it's still on serve in this opening set.
- - MURRAY 2-3 - Murray steps inside the baseline to dink a forehand drop shot over the net for a winner and level at 15-all. But it's the only point he manages in the game as Istomin rattles a forehand winner down the line on his way to another hold.
- - MURRAY 2-2 - This time the drop shot works well for Murray as he draws Istomin into the net before putting up a great backhand lob that goes for a winner. Istomin rattles a forehand winner down the line on the next point to deny Murray on his first game point. But the Brit is quick to set up a second chance to hold and this time he secures the game with a big serve out wide that Istomin can only return into the net.
- - MURRAY 1-2 - Murray drops a sliced backhand drop shot just short into the net to let Istomin off the hook at 40-30 and allow the Uzbek to post a second service hold without too much trouble.
- - MURRAY 1-1 - Murray finds a cute angle on a forehand approach shot to send it for a winner and seal an opening hold to 30, after a double fault had squandered his first game point.
- - MURRAY 0-1 - Big serving from Istomin as he races out to a 40-0 lead in double quick time before Murray sends a regulation backhand just long to help the Uzbek to a love service hold to open his account.
- - The players are just about ready to go and it will be Istomin to get the clash underway after Murray won the spin of the coin and opted to put his opponent in to serve first...
- - It's pretty windy out on Arthur Ashe court at the moment but that shouldn't trouble Murray, who is a good wind player with his high-percentage tennis.
- - These two have faced each other once before, in Brisbane earlier this year, when Murray triumphed in 6-4, 7-6(3) in two tight sets.
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||07/09/1986|