|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - Next up for Nadal could be a tricky clash against Vasek Pospisil, who had a sensational run to the semi-finals at home in Canada a couple of weeks ago. The Canadian will need to get past Brazilian qualifier Rogerio Dutra Silva first though. Men's drawsheet.
- - NADAL 6-4 6-3 6-2 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Harrison is not quite quick enough up to the net and ends up stretching for a forehand volley which he puts into the net to hand Nadal three match points. The first goes begging when the world number two puts a forehand volley of his own long but Harrison slips on the baseline on his second and Nadal has an easy forehand into the open court to put away for the win.
- - NADAL 6-4 6-3 5-2 - Harrison does well to hold and double his output in this third, and surely final set, rushing up to the net and doing well with his footwork to bury his inside-out forehand winner across court. That hold at least forces Nadal to serve for the match, which he will do after the change of ends.
- - NADAL 6-4 6-3 5-1 - Nadal holds for the loss of just the one point when Harrison slices a bakchand return long of the baseline. The American will have to serve to keep this match alive next.
- - NADAL 6-4 6-3 4-1 - Harrison avoids a bagel final set as he holds to 30 with a huge serve that Nadal fails to control. It's not much for the American to celebrate though, he has been simply outplayed today.
- - NADAL 6-4 6-3 4-0 - A tougher service game for a change. Nadal saves a first break point by rushing the net and firing down an inside-out forehand smash winner, and then also a second with a huge serve that Harrison does not get a read on. And from there the world number two goes on to hold when Harrison sends consecutive forehands wide across court.
- - NADAL 6-4 6-2 3-0 - BREAK! A huge forehand down the line followed by an even bigger change-of-direction off-forehand winner across court from Nadal brings up yet another break point for the Spaniard. He can't take advantage of this one, instead hitting wide. A backhand stop volley winner allows the American the chance to hold but he can't quite take advantage and Nadal snatches a second break shortly after with a forehand passing shot winner down the line.
- - NADAL 6-4 6-2 2-0 - Nadal produces an unplayable forehand down the line to easily seal another service hold and consolidate the break in this third set.
- - NADAL 6-4 6-2 1-0 - BREAK! Harrison looks as though he is going to start this third set in a positive fashion as he quickly opens up a 40-0 lead on serve. But a missed forehand gives Nadal the little window he needs to force his way back into the game and, four points later, the Spaniard seals an early break when Harrison again fails to find a forehand.
- - NADAL 6-4 6-2 - SET! Nadal finds just his second ace of the match to serve out the second set to love and he is completely in cruise control now with a two sets to love lead.
- - NADAL 6-4 5-2 - BREAK! A decent approach shot by Harrison is whipped back down the line on the forehand wing by Nadal, drawing the backhand volley wide across court from the American, and the world number two goes on to break and leave himself serving for this second set after the change of ends.
- - NADAL 6-4 4-2 - Nadal continues to get the ball up high, forcing Harrison to take his forehand at shoulder-height. The American has consistently been unable to deal with it today and Nadal eases through another quick service hold to maintain his lead.
- - NADAL 6-4 3-2 - Harrison can't quite make his forehand across court tell as Nadal somehow chases the ball down but the American seals another game with an emphatic smash winner to remain just the one break down.
- - NADAL 6-4 3-1 - Nadal deals with the delay better than Harrison, who looks unsettled once again after coming back out to resume their clash.
- - NADAL 6-4 2-1 - BREAK! A decent forehand down the line from Harrison is punished by a brutally spinning forehand down the line from Nadal, the American barely having time to get back to the middle let alone move back out again to retrieve the ball. And Nadal has the break in this second set.
- - NADAL 6-4 1-1 - Nadal pushes Harrison from side to side on the baseline, getting the American well out of position, only to shank his final shot - framing his forehand into the crowd. It's the only point Nadal drops though as he holds without trouble to get his second set account underway.
- - NADAL 6-4 0-1 - Harrison comes up with a sensational forehand winner that completely beats Nadal for pace to seal the first game of the second set. The American isn't actually playing badly, he just isn't good enough to really challenge a confident Nadal at the moment.
- - NADAL 6-4 - SET! Nadal has no troubles in serving out the set despite once again dropping the first point of the game, sealing it with an unreturnable serve again spinning the ball out of Harrison's hitting zone.
- - NADAL 5-4 - Harrison races through a service hold to at least force Nadal to serve out the opening set.
- - NADAL 5-3 - Nadal drops the first point of the game as he often does but goes on to hold for the loss of just that one point with a fantastic forehand volley winner on the angle despite almost slipping into the net as he tried to stop. But he manages to control his slide to force Harrison to keep this set alive with a hold of serve.
- - NADAL 4-3 - Harrison dives around the net getting a number of volleys back that very few would before eventually putting his reaction backhand just wide to allow Nadal to level at deuce. A double fault squanders another game point but he saves a break point with a cracking service winner down the centre of the court before going on to hold and remain just the one break down.
- - NADAL 4-2 - Another comfortable-enough service game from Nadal sees him hold to 30 with a spinning serve that Harrison is unable to get back in play. Nadal now potentially just two games away from taking this opening set.
- - NADAL 3-2 - An incredibly defensive lob that turns in to attack on the Nadal racquet helps him to another break point. The Spaniard fails to take advantage of it when his cross court forehand lands just wide and Harrison makes the most of the escape to hold with consecutive huge serves.
- - NADAL 3-1 - An inside out forehand approach shot deep into the corner from Nadal is easily followed by a cross court forehand volley winner into the open court to bring up game point. And it's another inside out forehand winner, viciously sent right into the corner that seals the Spaniard the game.
- - NADAL 2-1 - Much better from Harrison this time around as he holds to love with a series of big serves. The American seems to be settling his nerves now and finds a good rhythm in the game
- - NADAL 2-0 - Nadal slaps down a double fault to gift Harrison a point but it's only a temporary blip for the Spaniard who quickly makes amends and holds with a big serve that the American can only return into the net. That consolidates the early break for Nadal.
- - NADAL 1-0 - BREAK! Nadal has taken absolutely no time at all to get going as he hits an insane winner to set up a break point. It was basically an ace on the run from two-and-a-half metres outside the tramlines! A forehand long from Harrison on the next point gifts Nadal the early break and he is firmly in control already.
- - Nadal and Harrison are ready to go and it will be the American to get the clash underway by serving first...
- - Coming up next on Arthur Ashe will be world number two Rafael Nadal taking on young American prospect Ryan Harrison.
|Date of Birth||07/05/1992|
|Date of Birth||03/06/1986|