|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 7-5 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Federer squanders a first game point with a forehand into the net but he has three to play with and gets it done at the second attempt with a forehand approach shot winner down the line. Next up for Fed will be a clash against Argentina's Carlos Berlocq, a 6-3 3-6 6-7 6-4 6-2 winner against Santiago Giraldo earlier today. Men's drawsheet.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 6-5 - BREAK! Back-to-back huge forehands from Federer, the second of which goes for a winner across court and the seventh seed breaks to leave himself serving for the match after the change of ends.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 5-5 - Federer has little trouble in holding with ease to keep this set alive. The chances of him having too poor service games in a row were never exactly high!
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 4-5 - A double fault doesn't cost Zemlja too much this time around as he was already 40-15 up. And he seals the game with an ace on the next point. Federer will have to serve to stay in this third set next.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 4-4 - BREAK! Federer loses his concentration at 40-15, allowing Zemlja back to deuce before a netted forehand gifts the Slovenian a break back point. Fed saves it with a huge, frustrated forehand winner across court off the shorter ball but the Slovenian earns himself a second with a big return of serve. Federer saves this one too but another forehand long and Zemlja has a third chance - this time he takes it when Fed nets another forehand.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 4-3 - BREAK! Federer makes another trip into the net, this time not needing to make the volley, as Zemlja nets his attempted passing shot. It brings up break point for Federer and although the Slovenian saves it with a drop shot winner he quickly hands Federer a second chance and this time the seventh seed does seal it as Zemlja nets an eaasy backhand volley.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 3-3 - Federer really does look supremely confident today as he makes a trip into the net and fires off a forehand volley to ease through another game and level up once more.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 2-3 - An error off the forehand wing from Federer, a forehand into the net, helps Zemlja on his way to another hold. This third set is much more competitve again, back to the standard of the first set.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 2-2 - Federer finds himself under a little bit of pressure on serve for pretty much the first time, at 30-30. But strong tennis from the seventh seed and a forehand approach shot that lands only just inside the baseline is too much for Zemlja and Fed goes on to hold.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 1-2 - Zemlja gets a little bit of luck when his forehand catches the top of tape and bounces over for the perfect drop shot. It brings up two game points and although he squanders the first with a forehand long, the Slovenian does hold with a forehand on the next point.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 1-1 - A couple of quick service games from the two players and this third set is well underway.
- - FEDERER 6-3 6-2 - SET! A service winner from Federer helps him seal the second set without any trouble at all. That's another love service hold for the seventh seed and he has one foot in the second round now.
- - FEDERER 6-3 5-2 - BREAK! Ouch. Three straight backhand errors before back-to-back double faults from Zemlja hand Federer a very easy break that he really didn't have to do anything for once again. He will serve for the second set next.
- - FEDERER 6-3 4-2 - Much better from Zemlja as he holds without too much trouble this time. But Federer matches it with another quick and easy service hold of his own to leave himself potentially just two games away from the second set.
- - FEDERER 6-3 3-1 - Another love service game from Federer, sealed with an ace - his eighth overall so far - to keep himself comfortably ahead in this game.
- - FEDERER 6-3 2-1 - Zemlja finds the very back of the service line with his serve, a body serve that Federer can only return into the net, to get his side of the scoreboard ticking over again and stop the rot of five straight games against him.
- - FEDERER 6-3 2-0 - Ace number seven from Federer seals another quick and comfortably service hold for the seventh seed to consolidate the early break in this set. This is all looking very neat from Federer now.
- - FEDERER 6-3 1-0 - BREAK! Out of nowhere, without having to do to much really, Federer suddenly has two break points. Zemlja manages to save them both with big serves but then gifts Federer a third chance and this time the seventh seed does take the opportunity - flicking a forehand deep that Zemlja can only loft long.
- - FEDERER 6-3 - SET! Zemlja sends a forehand sailing well long, and probably slightly wide, across court to help Federer to three game points. But the seventh seed only needs the one and seals the opening set at the first attempt. Very comfortable so far for Federer.
- - FEDERER 5-3 - BREAK! An absolutely horrendous shot from Zemlja, an attempted high forehand volley, is not hit down at all by the Slovenian only forward and as a result he misses the court by miles to hand Federer a break point. And sure enough, Fed does break to leave himself serving for this first set.
- - FEDERER 4-3 - There's the Federer forehand! The world number seven whips a forehand approach shot winner down the line to race through another quick service game and put all the pressure back on Zemlja as this set approaches crunch point.
- - FEDERER 3-3 - Federer sends a fairly routine forehand long down the centre of the court to gift Zemlja a game point despite the Slovenian not really finding a first serve in the game. And another forehand also goes long from Fed to concede the game to 30 and allow Zemlja to level up once again.
- - FEDERER 3-2 - Back-to-back love service games from Federer, the seventh seed again bringing up game points with an ace and then holding after drawing the forehand error from Zemlja.
- - FEDERER 2-2 - Federer denies Zemlja on a first game point by flattening out his backhand and drawing the error from the Slovenian, a forehand wide down the line. Zemlja makes no such mistake on the second of his game points though as he batters down a huge first serve that Fed completely mishits in return.
- - FEDERER 2-1 - Another blink-and-you'll-miss-it service hold from Federer, bringing up three game points with an ace before slicing a backhand across court that Zemlja can only net in return.
- - FEDERER 1-1 - Zemlja quickly finds himself staring at two break points before managing to level up at deuce with a couple of big serves. A backhand error from Fed than hands Zemlja a game point and he does take it when Federer pulls a forehand wide across court.
- - FEDERER 1-0 - Federer holds for the opening game of the match with very little trouble. It takes the seventh seed just over 60 seconds to secure the game to 15 with a big serve out wide that Zemlja can only return wide down the line off the forehand wing.
- - Federer and Zemlja are pretty much ready to go and it will be the five-times former champion to get the clash underway by serving first ...
- - Next up on Arthur Ashe will be Roger Federer's opening round clash against Grega Zemlja, held over from late last night when it started raining and just wouldn't stop.
|Date of Birth||08/08/1981|
|Date of Birth||29/09/1986|