No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - EVANS 1-6 6-3 7-6 (4) 6-3 - GAME, SET & MATCH - Another sensational victory for the British number three who produces three dazzling serves to notch up three match points. Not even a double fault can affect his charge to victory and he makes it count on the next point. Round three beckons for the world number 179. MEN'S DRAWSHEET - Who will Evans face next?
- - EVANS 1-6 6-3 7-6 5-3 - Tomic thrives under the pressure of serving to stay in the match and takes control of the game. Evans rallies but the big Aussie manages to close it out to 30.
- - EVANS 1-6 6-3 7-6 5-2 - Evans is showing some real guts out there. At 40-0 he slips and appears to twist his ankle. But he's back on his feet within seconds and sees out the final point to move within a game of victory.
- - EVANS 1-6 6-3 7-6 4-2 - Even if you think Tomic hasn't served well today you can't disguise the fact Evans has produced some brilliant returns. The Brit gains the initiative at 15-30 but can't pile on the pressure he wants via break points. He eventually loses the game to 30 with a volley into the net.
- - EVANS 1-6 6-3 7-6 4-1 - Evans with a big, big hold on his service. At 40-30 he fizzes a probing shot to the baseline that Tomic can't get accurate contact on and he fires long to ensure the British number three consolidates the break.
- - EVANS 1-6 6-3 7-6 3-1 - BREAK - Huge moment for Evans. The Brit wastes his first break point, firing a return straight into the net. But he manages to recover at deuce and eventually secure the break that puts him in a commanding position in this match.
- - EVANS 1-6 6-3 7-6 2-1 - Evans takes the momentum from that break into his own service game and this time manages to hold quite comfortably.
- - EVANS 1-6 6-3 7-6 1-1 - BREAK - This Brit seems to thrive in adversity, immediately breaking back to leave Tomic deeply frustrated.
- - EVANS 1-6 6-3 7-6 0-1 - BREAK - Tomic needed to come out fighting at the start of this fourth set and he's done just that, managing to make the most of a break point to grab an early lead.
- - EVANS 1-6 6-3 7-6 - SET - Superb stuff from Evans! The Brit secures the mini break in the fifth point of the tie break and manages to keep his neck ahead. Some superb forehands keep him in control and he eventually takes control with a blistering shot down the line.
- - EVANS 1-6 6-3 6-6 - TIE BREAK - Evans manages to hold to force the tie break with some brave and determined tennis. A strong serve sets him on his way and he manages to see it through.
- - EVANS 1-6 6-3 5-6 - Tomic again holds serve which means Evans is going to have to win this in a tie-break if he is to take this third set. First of all though, he has to hold serve which hasn't always been that easy so far today.
- - EVANS 1-6 6-3 5-5 - It's all-square again and as tight as can be. Tomic puts up a fight but Evans sneaks ahead at 40-30 and then clinches it with a rasping forehand winner back across court.
- - EVANS 1-6 6-3 4-5 - Tomic again holds serve to secure a win in the ninth game of the set. Evans will now serve to stay in it. Can he keep cool and level it up once again?
- - EVANS 1-6 6-3 3-4 - It's going with serve now on court 17 as Tomic holds despite suffering a late wobble to clinch the game to 30.
- - EVANS 1-6 6-3 2-2 - Has normal 'service' resumed? Another tight game eventually sees Evans prevail to 30.
- - EVANS 1-6 6-3 1-2 - The world number 52 finally holds a service game to give some semblance of normality to this hugely intriguing encounter.
- - EVANS 1-6 6-3 1-1 - BREAK - Can you recall a match where the players have failed to hold their own serve in so many games? Once again, Evans fails to hold and consolidate what would have been a significant ealry break. Instead, we are all square again.
- - EVANS 1-6 6-3 1-0 - BREAK - Evans makes a stunning start to the third set, breaking the Tomic serve once again to take control. The momentum is with the Brit at this point.
- - EVANS 1-6 6-3 - SET - Evans takes a 40-30 lead but then proceeds to waste three set points before finally making it count with his fourth. What a topsy-turvy set that was!
- - EVANS 1-6 5-3 - BREAK - This is getting ridiculous! Evans takes advantage of a double fault to set up two break points. The Aussie looks in control of the next rally but sees a forehand hit the net. Evans picks it up with a shot down the line and recovers well to crash a backhand overhead down the line after Tomic's attempted lob.
- - EVANS 1-6 4-3 - BREAK - Irritated by the loss of his service game, Tomic responds and grabs three break points. Evans saves the first but is powerless to deny the Aussie in the end. This is proving to be a truly unpredictable encounter.
- - EVANS 1-6 4-2 - BREAK - Evans is back in it! The British number three takes control of the second set with a fine game returning the Tomic serve. Can he hold now and go on to level this up?
- - EVANS 1-6 3-2 - Evans wins the first point on his service and fires himself up with a cry of delight. He takes that into his next few rallies and holds to lead in this second set.
- - EVANS 1-6 2-2 - BREAK - Superb spirit from the player ranked 179th in the world as he hits back to snare a break point at 30-40. A clever drop shot puts him in control of the rally and he makes sure with the follow-up.
- - EVANS 1-6 1-2 - BREAK - Just when you thought Evans might be about to make a match of it, he comes unstuck. Tomic secures two break points and despite a delightful drop shot to save one of them, Evans fires long in the next rally to fall further behind.
- - EVANS 1-6 1-1 - Tomic is up for this today - and he has to be as Evans takes him all the way to deuce. But again the big Aussie steps up in the key points and manages to hold serve to level.
- - EVANS 1-6 1-0 - Evans puts the first set nightmare behind him with a solid service game. Can he find the form that helped him make so many headlines in the first round?
- - EVANS 1-6 - SET - Tomic is proving too good in the key moments and he holds serve once more to see out the opening set in impressively quick time.
- - EVANS 1-5 - BREAK - Evans appears to have Tomic stumped with a clever lob at 15-30 but the Aussie gets a lucky ricochet off the net and snares two break points. He makes it count too, leaving Evans with a mountain to climb in this first set.
- - EVANS 1-4 - The British number three produces an immediate response and forces his own break point at 30-40. However, Tomic responds and proves too good. Evans needs a solid service game now to give himself a lift. The 4-1 scoreline will feel a tad harsh given how tight the games have been.
- - EVANS 1-3 - BREAK - A double fault at 15-30 hands Tomic two break points and he makes the second one count as Evans miscues a forehand.
- - EVANS 1-2 - A superb drop volley from Tomic at the net seals the game to 15.
- - EVANS 1-1 - The British number three holds serve with some determined play of his own. Tennis' version of the Ashes has started brightly with both players looking eager to make their mark at this tournament.
- - EVANS 0-1 - A good start by Evans who forces Tomic to deuce in his opening service game. But he can't quite make it a dream start and the Aussie manages to hold.
|Date of Birth||21/10/1992|
|Date of Birth||23/05/1990|