|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- So that completes the round-robin stage of the ATP World Tour Finals with Djokovic remaining perfect in his winning of Group B. Tomorrow's semi-finals see Rafael Nadal take on Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic take on Stanislas Wawrinka.
- DJOKOVIC 7-6(5) 4-6 6-3 - GAME, SET & MATCH! Djokovic eases his way to three match points with a trip into the net and a forehand volley winner across court. He doesn't even wait for the crowd to quieten down before banging down another serve which he hits long. He second serve is better but his follow-up backhand goes long to squander the first chance. But he does wrap it up at the second attempt with a huge first serve.
- DJOKOVIC 7-6(5) 4-6 5-3 - Djokovic gets himself out of a potential spot of bother at 30-30 with his 10th ace of the evening before holding with a flicked forehand winner across court and forcing Djokovic to serve for the match.
- DJOKOVIC 7-6(5) 4-6 5-2 - Gasquet pushes Djokovic to 30-all but can get no closer to the break back and puts a backhand wide down the line to help the Serb hold. Gasquet will have to serve to stay in this match after the change of ends.
- DJOKOVIC 7-6(5) 4-6 4-2 - Gasquet matches Djokovic's hold to 15 with one of his own, opening with a forehand passing shot before sealing the game with a big first serve that Djokovic cannot return in play.
- DJOKOVIC 7-6(5) 4-6 4-1 - Djokovic races through a service hold to 15 with a forehand winner across court after sending Gasquet out wide on the opposite wing. The Serb now is just two games away from the win.
- DJOKOVIC 7-6(5) 4-6 3-1 - Djokovic earns himself two more break points when Gasquet sends a forehand sailing long of the baseline. The Frenchman saves the first, with a backhand winner down the line after wrong-footing Djokovic, and then also the second, with an ace, before going on to hold two points later and belatedly get his side of the scoreboard ticking over once more.
- DJOKOVIC 7-6(5) 4-6 3-0 - Gasquet hangs his head after slicing a forehand long of the baseline before then also missing another forehand as Djokovic holds to 30 to consolidate the break in this final set.
- DJOKOVIC 7-6(5) 4-6 2-0 - BREAK! A brilliant stretching backhand drop shot from Gasquet is returned with an even better drop shot winner from Djokovic to level up before the Frenchman misses what should be an easy angled backhand and a backhand from the baseline to hand Djokovic his first two break points since the first game of the match. The first goes begging on a netted backhand but Gasquet nets a backhand on the second and Djokovic has the early break.
- DJOKOVIC 7-6(5) 4-6 1-0 - Gasquet, playing now in a red shirt instead of blue and white in which he started the match, rattles a drive volley winner over the net to take the first point of the set before Djokovic bounces back to hold to 30 with an angled cross court forehand winner.
- DJOKOVIC 7-6(5) 4-6 - SET! Terrific shot-making from Gasquet as he brings up two set points to level this match. He only needs the one though as he bangs down an ace across court. That is the first time that Gasquet has taken a set off Djokovic since his one and only victory over the Serb at the Masters Cup back in 2007.
- DJOKOVIC 7-6(5) 4-5 - Djokovic bounces back from 0-30 down with another sliced backhand drop shot winner before Gasquet slices a backhand approach shot into the net to hand the Serb a game point. It goes begging with a netted forehand from Djokovic but consecutive errors from Gasquet see the Serb hold to take the game. The Frenchman will have a chance to serve for the set after the change of ends, though.
- DJOKOVIC 7-6(5) 3-5 - A beautiful forehand passing shot from Gasquet, off the drop shot from Djokovic, is floated up the line by the Frenchman to bring up three game points. Djokovic just manages to slice his backhand for the perfect drop shot to deny Gasquet on the first but he holds at the second attempt after successfully challenging the lack of an "out" call on Djokovic's backhand. Djokovic will have to serve to stay in this second set.
- DJOKOVIC 7-6(5) 3-4 - Djokovic just marginally misses the outside of the line with a cross court forehand, allowing Gasquet to level at deuce after an unsuccessful challenge. Gasquet's return on the next point is carried just wide after catching the top of the net and Djokovic goes on to hold when the Frenchman loops a routine forehand long after a poot backhand volley from the Serb.
- DJOKOVIC 7-6(5) 2-4 - Another tight service game for Gasquet but once again he comes through it from deuce, sealing the game with a big first serve that Djokovic cannot return in play.
- DJOKOVIC 7-6(5) 2-3 - Djokovic is forced to return from 15-30 down before he can hold to remain the one breka down, a series of cross court forehands eventually paying off when Gasquet goes long across court with a forehand of his own.
- DJOKOVIC 7-6(5) 1-3 - Djokovic stops mid-point to challenge a call on the sideline, or more accurately the lack of a call on the sideline. The ball was in though, it's Gasquet's point and the Frenchman goes on to hold from deuce after a brilliant second serve is returned long by Djokovic.
- DJOKOVIC 7-6(5) 1-2 - BREAK! Gasquet riffles a single-handed backhand down the line for a winner to bring up an early break point. He appears to have got it when Djokovic goes just wide down the line with a backhand volley but he is made to wait as the Serb challenges the call. Djokovic doesn't exactly look confident in the challenge and sure enough the ball was out. Gasquet has the first break in this second set.
- DJOKOVIC 7-6(5) 1-1 - Solid enough from Gasquet as he holds without too much drama. An important hold there for the Frenchman to stop the run of games in Djokovic's favour. Gasquet will finish the year as the top-ranked Frenchman for the first time since 2007.
- DJOKOVIC 7-6(5) 1-0 - Gasquet does brilliantly with consecutive half-volleys on the baseline to flick backhands at the feet of Djokovic and level up at deuce. But a couple of big serves from the Serb and he has the hold to open the second set.
- DJOKOVIC 7-6(5) - SET! The first goes begging for Djokovic when he hits a backhand wide and slightly long down the line, his 10th unforced error off that wing. But the Serb does wrap up the set at the second time of asking, pushing Gasquet deep behind the baseline before firing an emphatic smash across court for the winner.
- DJOKOVIC 6-6 (6-4) - TIE-BREAK! Djokovic lunges down to a backhand stop volly just managing to get enough side spin on the ball to take it away from Gasquet as he tracks it down, drawing the response into the net by the Frenchman. Two set points, Djokovic.
- DJOKOVIC 6-6 (4-2) - TIE-BREAK! Djokovic goes wide with an inside out cross court forehand to gift Gasquet the boost of winning one of the longer rallies but he quickly sneaks back ahead and leads by the mini-break at the change of ends after a forehand drive volley winner.
- DJOKOVIC 6-6 - Djokovic holds with a neat drop shot winner and a forehand down the line at a ferocious pace that Gasquet cannot return in play. This set will be decided by a tie-break, the first between the two since Estoril in 2007. Djokovic won that one as well as the only other breaker they have ever played, the year before in Madrid.
- DJOKOVIC 5-6 - A lengthy 25-shot rally ends in Djokovic's favour when Gasquet's forehand down the line sails long, the Serb applying the pressure at 30-all. But the Frenchman stands up well and holds without the loss of another point to leave Djokovic, this time, serving to stay in the set after the change of ends.
- DJOKOVIC 5-5 - BREAK! Gasquet has won 13 baseline rallies to Djokovic's 10 so far. He then races up the court to a poor backhand volley from the Serb that sits up and invites the easy backhand down the line. Three break back points for the Frenchman. The first goes begging when Djokovic puts away a forehand volley off a tame passing shot attempt. But Gasquet does get the break back when Djokovic puts a low backhand volley only half-way up the net.
- DJOKOVIC 5-4 - Djokovic just misses his forehand passing shot attempt down the line after an incredible flicked backhand with his back to the court to keep him in the rally. An ace from Gasquet followed by a blistering serve out wide that Djokovic can only return wide across court and the Frenchman has another love service hold to his name.
- DJOKOVIC 5-3 - Djokovic fires a change-of-direction forehand winner down the line after working Gasquet from side-to-side on his way to matching the Frenchman's love service hold with one of his own. Gasquet will have to serve to stay in the set next.
- DJOKOVIC 4-3 - Gasquet steps up the court once again after firing an inside-out forehand across court. And from there it's an easy backhand winner down the line before he goes on to hold to love for a second straight service game.
- DJOKOVIC 4-2 - Djokovic has only lost four points on serve so far as he eases through another hold to 15 with a trip into the net.
- DJOKOVIC 3-2 - A terrific combination of shots from Gasquet as he unleashes a brutal cross court, one-handed backhand before following it up with a forehand volley across to the other side of the court. And he goes on to hold to love for his easier service game of the match so far when Djokovic fails to find the court with a forehand.
- DJOKOVIC 3-1 - Djokovic lets fly on an inside out forehand but sends the ball well long to hand Gasquet a point back when he looks to be cruising to another hold to 15. Instead it's a hold to 30 as Gasquet's flicked backhand return catches the top of the tape and falls back down onto his side of the net.
- DJOKOVIC 2-1 - Gasquet asserts himself much more in the rally to get Djokovic on the run, only to fire a routine, shoulder-height backhand volley long down the line. It squanders a first game point but he holds on the next when the Serb sends a backhand long. Gasquet is on the board.
- DJOKOVIC 2-0 - Djokovic goes for the change-of-direction forehand down the line but can't quite get around the ball enough to curl it in. He was 40-0 up though and quickly makes amends with a length forehand that Gasquet can only return long. A hold for the loss of just the one point for Djokovic to consolidate the break.
- DJOKOVIC 1-0 - BREAK! Gasquet doesn't get enough on his backhand approach, Djokovic firing the ball back at the Frenchman's feet and drawing the error to bring up two early break points. He only needs the one though and works his way up the court to bury a high forehand volley into the court just over the net. The perfect start for the Serb.
- Here we go then. The players are just about ready to go and it will be Gasquet to get the clash underway by serving first ...
- There have been two meetings between the two players this year; in the Montreal Masters quarter-finals, when Djokovic won for the loss of just the three games, and then again in Beijing, when Gasquet put up a bit more of a fight but was still beaten in straight sets.
- The players are making their way out on to court, Gasquet followed by Djokovic, in the usual darkened court, spotlight on the player, smoke and music heralding their entrance on to the court.
- These two have met each other 10 times before and unfortunately the stats do not make good reading for Gasquet. He has managed just one victory over the Serb, although that did come in this season-ending tournament. Back when it was called the Masters Cup and back when it was held in China. It also came at the round robin stage. In 2007. And it was a straight sets win for the Frenchman.
- Novak Djokovic has already ensured his place in the semi-finals and has already topped Group A with straight sets wins over Roger Federer and Juan Martin Del Potro. Gasquet, meanwhile, cannot progress no matter what the result tonight. Importantly, though, there is pride to play for.
- Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage of the final group match at the ATP World Tour Finals between Novak Djokovic and Richard Gasquet.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||18/06/1986|