No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - GAME, SET & MATCH - WOZNIACKI 6-0 1-6 6-2 MCHALE - Wozniacki does it. She shows great strength and determination to come through after a woeful second set. The Dane goes 0-30 down in the final game of the match, but she changes it up on the serve to keep her opponent off guard and seal the set 6-2.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-0 1-6 5-2 MCHALE - McHale is hanging on by the skin of her teeth. She saves a match point and does magnificently well to come through. Wozniacki will now serve for the match.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-0 1-6 5-1 MCHALE - Solid service game from Wozza. She races through it to put pressure on McHale, who must now serve to stay in the match. This has been an incredibly topsy-turvy tie.
- - BREAK - WOZNIACKI 6-0 1-6 4-1 MCHALE - Oh dear. It's all going wrong for McHale. She just can't get anything going with her serve and is punished for it. The icing of the cake for this horrrendous set is a double fault on 30-40.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-0 1-6 3-1 MCHALE - Wozniacki now looks back in the ascendency following that dire showing in the second set. She varies her game, coming to the net to colley away. Brilliant.
- - BREAK - WOZNIACKI 6-0 1-6 2-1 MCHALE - Wozniacki is back in front, though she's not done anything of note to do so. It seemed more like McHale struggled to maintain the same type of intensity that saw he snatch that second set.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-0 1-6 1-1 MCHALE - Huge hold for Wozniacki. The Dane is down 15-40 and is staring down the barrel. But she digs deep to find a couple of serves that get her out of trouble before McHale nets twice to hand Wozniacki the break.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-0 1-6 0-1 MCHALE - McHale continues to vary her game, but has her eye in now and is seeing the ball well. The 21-year-old just moves Sharapova from left to right, easing to the hold.
- - SET - WOZNIACKI 6-0 1-6 MCHALE - McHale breaks the former world No. 1 once again to seal the second set. It is quite unbelievable the turnaround in the pair's games following that first set. Who's going to win this one, then? Your guess is as good as mine...
- - WOZNIACKI 6-0 1-5 MCHALE - What has happened to Wozniacki? She was cruising along in the first set and now trails by a double break in the second. She'll serve to stay alive...
- - BREAK - WOZNIACKI 6-0 1-4 MCHALE - Wozniacki looks completely out of sorts. She attempts to change it up on the serve, coming into the net, but is put to the sword by the 21-year-old. McHale is closing in on this second set.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-0 1-3 MCHALE - The young American is playing very well. She's upped her game and doesn't even look close to being broken in this second set.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-0 1-2 MCHALE - Wozniacki stays in touch in this second set, though she could be down a double break after wobbling on her serve. The Dane saves the break point, however, and powers her way onto the scoreboard.
- - WOZNIACKI 6-0 0-2 MCHALE - A lovely turn-around at the start of the second set for the American. Precise and patient, she frustrates Wozniacki into a number of errors.
- - BREAK - WOZNIACKI 6-0 0-1 MCHALE - Terrific response from McHale at the start of this second set. Great attitude and great desire to break the Dane instantly. Just a lapse in concentration from Wozza, or is it impossible for her to continue with the same intensity?
- - SET - WOZNIACKI 6-0 MCHALE - An extremely professional first set from Wozniacki. McHale just isn't up to challenging the Dane, and she'll need to start finding her range, penetrating the court in the second stanza if she's to avoid another bagel.
- - WOZNIACKI 5-0 MCHALE - This isn't too much of a contest at present. Until McHale is able to find her range, then she's not going to trouble Wozniacki. The tenth seed, however, is consistent and is making very few errors. McHale will serve to save the bagel.
- - BREAK - WOZNIACKI 4-0 MCHALE - Wozniacki seals the double-break. McHale pushes her a little further this time, but the pace and penetration of the Dane's ground strokes are proving too much for the American.
- - WOZNIACKI 3-0 MCHALE - Well served! Wozniacki consolidates the break and races into a 3-0 lead with barely 10 minutes on the clock. McHale is sticking in there, but the Dane is proving too powerful at present.
- - BREAK - WOZNIACKI 2-0 MCHALE - Wozza races into a 0-40 lead on the McHale serve, but the 21-year-old forces the issue, taking it to the Dane. She claws back to 30-40 but an error on the forehand side gifts the world No. 10 the break.
- - WOZNIACKI 1-0 MCHALE - The simplest of opening service games for Wozniacki, who is precise and powerful, holding to love.
- - Up next on Rod Laver Arena is former world No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki who faces unseeded American Christina McHale.
|Date of Birth||11/05/1992|
|Date of Birth||11/07/1990|