No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- MURRA 6-1 6-2 6-7 6-2 ROBERT. Murray wins! After cruising through the first two sets with, a brief collapse wasn't enough to obscure Murray's route into the quarterfinals. Up next for the Scot is the winner of the blockbuster night match between Tsonga and Federer.
- MURRAY 6-1 6-2 6-7 5-2 ROBERT. Another routine, serve-dominated hold pushes Murray to within a game of victory once more. He'll try again.
- MURRAY 6-1 6-2 6-7 4-2 ROBERT. More first serves give Robert the a routine game to stay in touch with the world number four. He obliges and holds with ease.
- MURRAY 6-1 6-2 6-7 4-1 ROBERT. Another routine hold from Murray littered with easy first serve points push he Scot further into the lead.
- MURRAY 6-1 6-2 6-7 3-1 ROBERT. Murray cools down, says calm and lands enough deep eturns to trouble the Frenchman. Eventually, too many errors spill off the French racquet and Murray captues the first break of the fourth set.
- MURRAY 6-1 6-2 6-7 2-1 ROBERT. Murray pulls forward again, securing another routine hold with yet more cricual first serves.
- MURRAY 6-1 6-2 6-7 1-1 ROBERT. Normal service hasn't resumed for Robert, however. He continues to smash the ball and brutalize the lines in a way that didn't appear physically possible at the beginning of the match, matching Murra with a similarly routine hold.
- MURRAY 6-1 6-2 6-7 1-0 ROBERT. Somewhat normal service resumed from Murray as he smashes down a few first serves and holds with ease to start off the fourth set.
- SET - MURRAY 6-1 6-2 6-7 ROBERT. What a collapse for the world number four! After recovering from a self-inflicted 0-3 deficit in the tiebreak, Murray failed to put the match away at 6-4 and double match point. The door creaked open and Robert swung straight through it for the second time, crushing his way into a fourth set with high-risk, pure adenaline ballstriking. After dropping the set, Murray smashed a racquet -- it's fair to say he isn't particularly happy.
- MURRAY 6-6 ROBERT. Murray recovers enough to routinely hold serve with a slew of first serves, no doubt wondering why he couldn't have done the same thing just two games earlier. Tie break time.
- MURRAY 6-1 6-2 6-5 ROBERT. The Frenchman follows up his coup with an emphatic service game, slamming down a series of first serves and easily consolidating the re-break to move ahead in he set once more.
- MURRAY 6-1 6-2 5-5 ROBERT. With Murray holding match point on his serve, the Frenchman spins into overdrive, unleashing a series of high-risk firebolts while staring defeat in its face. Two bullets come on match point, two more on break point, and before long the impossible has been achieved and Murray is broken for the first time in the match as he serves for it.
- MURRAY 6-1 6-2 5-4 ROBERT. The Frenchman prepares for one final stand as he fends off Murray with a series of fine first serves and forces the Scot to serve out the match.
- MURRAY 6-1 6-2 5-3 ROBERT. Another tediously lengthy service game follows for Murray with Robert finally fighting tooth and nail. With a few big first serves, however, Murray survives unbroken and moves to within a game of victory.
- MURRAY 6-1 6-2 4-3 ROBERT. Two break points come and go for Murray, only for Robert to show some resilience, scuppering them with a big serve and woeful forehand. Another break point arrives for Murray, Robert responds with an ace. Murray finds himself up break point once again, and upon missing it, Murray begins to mutter and outwardly seethe. On his seventh attempt, the Scotsman finally seals the third set break and makes his way to his seat.
- MURRAY 6-1 6-2 3-3 ROBERT. Murray levels the match as 1-0, but he is being made to work much harder. A few opportune first serves save him from danger and he duly holds once again.
- MURRAY 6-1 6-2 2-3 ROBERT. Another routine service game for the Frenchman comes and goes as he smashes down four big serves and calmly captures his third hold of the set.
- MURRAY 6-1 6-2 2-2 ROBERT. After being taken to another frustrating deuce game, Murray's service record remains immaculate as he crushes a forehand winner to level the set up once more.
- MURRAY 6-1 6-2 1-2 ROBERT. Three sets into the match, Robert finally appears capable of actually competing with Murray as he holds again with a slew of first serves - confidence growing with every point.
- MURRAY 6-1 6-2 1-1 ROBERT. Murray rapidly levels up the match with another strong, first serve-driven service game. Robert can do little to halt him, and the Scotsman soon has his first game of set two.
- MURRAY 6-1 6-2 0-1 ROBERT. For the first time in the match, Robert finds himself in the lead of any set as he forces Murray out wide and elicits some errors from the number four. Finally looking settled, Murray again cuts a frustrated figure as he crosses the net after the first game.
- SET - MURRAY 6-1 6-2 ROBERT. For the first time since the first game of the match, the Frenchman finds himself at the pressure point of 30-30 on Murray's serve and he pounces on a short serve to generate a break point. Murray saves the point against his serve with a kick serve out wide. With his frustration rising after failing to dispatch three set points on his serve, Murray finally unleashes a hammer blow of an inside-out forehand to seal the set.
- MURRAY 6-1 5-2 ROBERT. Sealed with a service winner, Robert eases to his third game of the night. Despite the sizable lead, Murray is unhappy and continues to berate himself as he makes his way to his chair.
- MURRAY 6-1 5-1 ROBERT. Murray moves to within a game of capturing the second set. Two forehand winners were enough to see him put yet more daylight between himself and the French journeyman.
- MURRAY 6-1 4-1 ROBERT. Robert finally holds serve. Murray's mind went wandering a little, spraying two unnecessary forehand errors and allowing the Frenchman to capitalize and notch up his second game of the duel.
- MURRAY 6-1 4-0 ROBERT. Another hold for Murray - the number four extended his lead effortlessly with a series of service winners and aces. 9 games in a row for the Scotsman.
- BREAK - MURRAY 6-1 3-0 ROBERT. Murray keeps the ball for a little while before bombarding Robert and moving to the net to finish the points off.
- MURRAY 6-1 2-0 ROBERT. Murray holds quickly, controlling the rallies with his srokes before delicately applying finishing touches.
- BREAK - MURRAY 6-1 1-0 ROBERT. With the limpest of blocked returns, Robert tripped over his own feet an sprayed the tool wide.
- SET - MURRAY 6-1 ROBERT. The World number four wraps up the first set in 25 minutes wiith minimal resistance.
- BREAK - MURRAY 5-1 ROBERT. The Scotsman is rapidly getting into a rhythm now. Moving the challenger from side to side, serving well and stepping into the court when presented with the option.
- MURRAY 4-1 ROBERT. Murray eventually consolidaes his break with some big first serves, saving another break point in the process.
- BEAK - MURAY 3-1 ROBERT. The scotsman is already storming up his groundstroke winners count.
- MURRAY 2-1 ROBERT. With an ace and some other assorted winners, Murray moves back to #2.
- MURRAY 1-1 ROBERT. Robert responds with a quite fiercely-held serve
- MURRAY 1-0 ROBERT. After being forced to save a break point with stone-cold consistency, Murray holds serve and opens his account on Hisense.
- The stage is set for Andy Murray's fourth round battle on Hisense Arena against veteran French journayman, Stéphane Robert. Surprisingly, the pair have never actually played each other before. Onto the court they come...
|Date of Birth||15/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||17/05/1980|