|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - So, Sharapova made heavy work of that. It took her a while to get into the match but when she did she took the second set and the match swung forever in her favour. She stormed through the third, blowing Stosur to pieces and, despite a stumble at the last, saw it through to take a big, big victory. She saves the loudest shriek for last and with that, I'm off.
- - GAME SET AND MATCH MARIA SHARAPOVA! 3-6 6-4 6-0. Sharapova's serve goes to pieces and she goes 0-30 down before having to fend off a break point. A couple of deuces later she finds her serve again to bring up match point and then makes no mistake with two beautiful inside out crosscort forehands.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 6-4 5-0 STOSUR. It's all over now, surely. Triple break. More screams of delight. Sharapova is in full flow and now just a game away.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 6-4 4-0 STOSUR. Stosur stems the barrage of points going against her and makes Sharapova work for this hold. But hold she does and with it lets out a couple of high pitch screams which are truly horrible to have to listen to.
- - Sharapova has won 22 of the last 25 points. Ridiculous.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 6-4 3-0 STOSUR. Oh dear oh dear. Sharapova breaks to love and Stosur's game has crumbled. She should easily tuck away a backhand winner but sends it horifically long. Double break. Curtains?
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 6-4 2-0 STOSUR. Sharapova is well on top now, racing to a comfortable hold. She has the momentum and has to be the favourite now to go on and win this.
- SHARAPOVA 3-6 6-4 1-0 STOSUR. It doesn't take too long for Sharapova to stamp her authority on the third set. Stosur shanks a forehand well wide, and the Russian is flying early on.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 6-4 STOSUR. Sharapova gets it done! We are going the distance! She loses the first point but recovers with another searing crosscourt backhand and a monster serve brings up set points. A horrible forehand from Stosur flies long and with it disappears the set.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 5-4 STOSUR. A crucial breakthrough at a crucial moment! Sharapova raises her game when it matters and breaks Stosur to love. Impressive stuff from the Russian, who will now come out and serve to level the match at one set all.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 4-4 STOSUR. An important hold for Sharapova and a gutsy move to go for a big second serve that catches the line and catches Stosur off guard. We're level in the second set.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 3-4 STOSUR. Stosur powers her way to 40-0 but sees an outrageous crosscourt backhand return fly past her. She closes it out at the next time of asking with Sharapova going wide this time on the backhand return.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 3-3 STOSUR. And dig in she does, spanking a forehand down the line and sending over a serve that Stosur can't get back. A comfortable hold to 15.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 2-3 STOSUR. Stosur remains composed and goes about her business with conviction, getting that serve kicking up nice and high to set up the points. She gets herself ahead in this second set. Up to Sharapova to dig in.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 2-2 STOSUR. The umpire was clearly unmoved by that deathly glare he received from Sharapova following his overrule not long ago. He now has the audacity to call her out for a time violation on her serve at deuce. Again, not a happy bunny. Again, broken.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 2-1 STOSUR. In total contrast to the previous game, we see a straightforward love service game. Stosur's up and running in the second set.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 2-0 STOSUR. It's not a convincing hold, but it's a hold nonetheless. And an important one at that. Sharapova fights back from 0-30 and comes through a deuce to clinch the game with a thunderous ace.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 1-0 STOSUR. Is Sharapova back on track? A wild wild Stosur forehand approach shot gives the Russian an early break in the second set.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-6 STOSUR. It takes a brave umpire to make an overrule when Sharapova is in unhappy bunny mode. He gets the full daggers treatment and she never quite puts it behind her, conceding points to bring up deuce and then double faulting on set point. Criminal.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-5 STOSUR. The Aussie backs up her break but is made to sweat in doing so. Another long game full of deuces and long rallies and at the end of it Sharapova is not a happy bunny. "WHAT?!" she screams, as she pings a crosscourt forehand way wide of the mark.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-4 STOSUR. Stosur applies real pressure on the Sharapova serve, taking her to deuce and bringing up break point. Sharapova saves it with a forehand from deep that catches the Stosur baseline but gives her another chance with a double fault. Stosur sloppily wastes two more break points but when she's given a fourth chance she seizes it.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-3 STOSUR. This is already shaping up nicely. Stosur is staying right with Sharapova, moving well at the baseline and mixing it up with some intelligent shot choices.
- - SHARAPOVA 3-2 STOSUR. The Sharapova shriek is in full force now. As is her serve. Love game.
- - SHARAPOVA 2-2 STOSUR. That heavily bandaged left leg still isn't holding Stosur back. She moves well to run round her backhand and crack home on the forehand.
- - SHARAPOVA 2-1 STOSUR. The number 7 seed continues her strong start, hitting powerfully as ever, and moves 2-1 up.
|Date of Birth||30/03/1984|
|Date of Birth||19/04/1987|