No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - GAME, SET AND MATCH! FERRER 6-2 6-3 6-2 BOLELLI - Bolelli isn’t ready for elimination just yet. The Italian wrestles his way into deuce, swinging freely in the knowledge that the inevitable is nearly upon him. But Ferrer is too good and seals victory shortly after. A quick wave to the crowd and he’s off to contemplate a third round match with either Andreas Seppi or Juan Monaco. Can he go all the way?
- - BREAK! FERRER 6-2 6-3 5-2 BOLELLI - Oh dear. Bolelli’s game deserts him at the wrong moment as he meekly concedes to love. That’s the match over, ladies and gentlemen.
- - FERRER 6-2 6-3 4-2 BOLELLI - The Spaniard must have muttered a little prayer last night because the tennis gods are smiling on him today. Facing a potentially perilous situation at 0-30, he again benefits from a net-cord clipping which halves the deficit. Bolelli hangs on into deuce, refusing to concede the game, but Ferrer eventually breaks through courtesy of a few big serves. Massive hold.
- - FERRER 6-2 6-3 3-2 BOLELLI - Bolelli unleashes a series of venomous shots to restore the one game deficit. If he fancies a few more days in Paris, he better find something extra on Ferrer’s service games though.
- - FERRER 6-2 6-3 3-1 BOLELLI – Ooofff. Ferrer gets incredibly lucky as his tame forehand skims the top of the net and drops sweetly on the other side. Cue one of the most guilty glances you’ll see all tournament. It’s another hold.
- - FERRER 6-2 6-3 2-1 BOLELLI - A couple of unforced errors from the Ferrer racquet gift Bolleli a comfortable hold. Can the Italian now find a way back into this third set?
- - FERRER 6-2 6-3 2-0 BOLELLI - Ferrer is pumped up and in stark contrast Bolelli looks all set to hit the locker room. Another lung-busting rally ends with a trademark Ferrer winner to consolidate the break to love.
- - BREAK! FERRER 6-2 6-3 1-0 BOLELLI - Ferrer senses that he can wrap this up in double-quick time and tees up another break point at 30-40. The dismay is etched across Bolelli's face and a foot error sees him lose his opening serve to a double fault.
- - SET! FERRER 6-2 6-3 BOLELLI - Bolelli now has a mountain to climb as Ferrer eases to the second set to 15 with a delicate drop shot down the line. Has the Italian got any fight left in him to make this third set competitive?
- - BREAK! FERRER 6-2 5-3 BOLELLI - Tennis can be so cruel! After going so close on Ferrer's service game, the Italian underdog completely capitulates on his own to fold to love. The Spanish star will now serve for the second set.
- - FERRER 6-2 4-3 BOLELLI - A big hold for Ferrer as Bolelli blows a huge opportunity to take control of the set. The Italian digs deep to snare two break points but on each occasion he gifts the Spaniard an easy way out with weak shots into the net midway through some pressure rallies. It's an almost predictable case of Jeckyll and Hyde that eventually sees Ferrer's resilience pay off as the qualifier hits a forehand long to hand the fifth seed the game.
- - FERRER 6-2 3-3 BOLELLI - It must be frustrating to be in the Bolelli camp at times. The Italian is capable of some lovely tennis exemplified by a delightful volleyed winner to take control of this game. At 40-0 it's plan-sailing, but once again he allows Ferrer a sniff of an opportunity and the Spanish ace takes full advantage to fight back to deuce. It takes some real grit to tee up a fourth game point before a sublime drop shot leaves Ferrer stranded. All square in this second set.
- - FERRER 6-2 3-2 BOLELLI - It's all over far too quickly as Ferrer holds to 15. A wild swing from Bolelli hands the game to the Spaniard and sums up just why the qualifier is struggling to find the consistency to truly worry his opponent.
- - FERRER 6-2 2-2 BOLELLI - Bolelli races out of the traps to lead 40-0 but allows Ferrer a glimmer of hope with a wobble that sees the Spaniard take the next two points. A strong first serve puts the Italian in control and despite a weak attempt to put away a smash, he managed to seal the game at the second attempt with a forehand into the far left-hand corner of the court.
- - FERRER 6-2 2-1 BOLELLI - The 28-year-old Italian asks some questions of Ferrer with a thumping winner to lead 15-30. But the Spaniard rises to the challenge, powering down a rare ace and out-rallying the qualifier to take the game.
- - FERRER 6-2 1-1 BOLELLI - Superb from Bolelli as he easily holds to love to break a five-game losing streak. A rasping forehand down the line seals it. Now, can he put some much-needed pressure on that Ferrer serve?
- - FERRER 6-2 1-0 BOLELLI - It's going pear-shaped all too quickly for the qualifier from Bologna. More relentless play by the Little Beast sees him romp to a 40-0 lead. A miscued shot down the line offers some respite before Ferrer seals the game when Bolelli can only clip a drop shot into the net.
- - SET - FERRER 6-2 BOLELLI - The Italian gives himself a big lift with a disguised shot back across court that completely bamboozles Ferrer to lead 30-15. However, a double fault is followed by some superb play by the fifth seed who wraps up the set in 36 minutes when a lucky return crashes against the net and bounces just over.
- - FERRER 5-2 BOLELLI - The fifth seed races through his service game to love to consolidate the break. The Italian looked a forlorn figure after battling so hard early on in this set. Now he has to serve to stay in it.
- - BREAK! FERRER 4-2 BOLELLI - It's another mixed bag of winners and howlers from Bolelli and this time he pays the price. He tees up game point with a dainty drop shot before being undone by a short forehand on the run that allows Ferrer to tee up deuce with a venomous smash. The Spaniard raises the heat by snaring two break points and ultimately claims the game when Bolelli can only fire a tame shot across court into the net.
- - FERRER 3-2 BOLELLI - Routine for Ferrer as he holds to 15. Two miscued backhands off the frame of the racket from Bolelli do most of the Little Beast's work for him.
- - FERRER 2-2 BOLELLI - The Bologna-born qualifier is holding his own so far but the unforced error count is creeping up. A fifth of the match ties it at 30-30 before some brave play sees him take the next two points. A sizzling winner into the far corner of the court seals the game.
- - FERRER 2-1 BOLELLI - The Italian has settled into the contest and gives Ferrer food for thought with a couple of superb winners that tee up the first break point of the match at 30-40. However, he fails to take advantage and three unforced errors, including a hooked slice into the net allows Ferrer to get out of jail and hold serve.
- - FERRER 1-1 BOLELLI - The Italian roars into a 30-0 lead but a couple of unforced errors allow Ferrer back into it. The Spaniard benefits from another poor forehand into the net from the qualifier to take it to deuce but the miscues must be catching as he scoops a shot way beyond the baseline before driving just wide to hand Bolelli the game.
- - FERRER 1-0 BOLELLI - A routine hold to 15 for the Spaniard after Bolelli fizzed a shot long following a hard-fought rally.
- - Here we go. Ferrer to serve first.
10.15 - These two have faced each other on four previous occasions with Ferrer boasting a 100 per cent record.
10.10 - The players are currently going through the pre-match routines.
10.05 - PHOTO: Ferrer in action in his first round win over Igor Sijsling.
10.00 - Good morning and welcome to LIVE text commentary of the second round clash between clay-specialist and number five seed, David Ferrer and Italy's Simone Bolelli.
|Date of Birth||08/10/1985|
|Date of Birth||02/04/1982|