No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- - GAME, SET, MATCH! HALEP 6-4 6-0 LISICKI - Halep roars into the semi finals with a remarkable winning streak that saw her take 11 games on the run to completely outclass Lisicki who fell away dramatically after leading 4-1 in the first set. Halep will now face Bouchard or Kerber in the last four. She sealed it with arguably the rally of the match, with both players scurrying from side to side before Halep's rasping attempt down the line proved too good.
- - HALEP 6-4 5-0 LISICKI - BREAK! Halep continues to dominate the rallies and her accurate groundstrokes have Lisicki racing from corner to corner - and it's all in vain for the German as she has no answer to it. A stunning shot down the line sees Halep grab two break points and last year's finalist hooks a forehand into the left-hand alley she is facing to capitulate once again. Halep to serve for the match.
- - HALEP 6-4 4-0 LISICKI - The number three seed's second ace of the match straight down the T is challenged by Lisicki but is shown to clip the line. The German then nets a forehand on the next point as Halep holds to love. It's all too easy at this point.
- - HALEP 6-4 3-0 LISICKI - BREAK! Wow - it's eight games on the spin now. Halep sees the semi final in her sights and seizes upon a weak second serve to lash a return winner and tee up a triple break point. The Romanian gets over-excited and cracks her next backhand into the net but makes it count on the ensuing point to leave Lisicki psychologically floored.
- - HALEP 6-4 2-0 LISICKI - The momentum continues to build for the Romanian as she dashes through a simple enough hold to consolidate the break. As the game concludes Lisicki opts to change her racket. She certainly needs to switch something as this match is racing away from her now.
- - HALEP 6-4 1-0 LISICKI - BREAK! It's all a bit hit and miss from Sabine - and in the end she is broken to lose a sixth straight game. An ace gets her out of some trouble at OP (15-30) after a timid drop shot was gleefully despatched by a buoyant Halep. A thunderous first serve edges her ahead but then a complete miscue into the net allows Simona back in it at deuce. The number three seed fails to make a couple of attempted winners and Lisicki double faults as we are treated to a fourth deuce before yet another error from the German inevitably seals the game. Halep is well in control now as the 19th seed looks like imploding.
- - HALEP 6-4 LISICKI - SET! The Romanian wraps up the opener inside 32 minutes with a wonderfully constructed final point to take it to 30 on her second opportunity. Lisicki roared out of the traps but a combination of simple errors and improved shot-making by Halep saw her fall away badly.
- - HALEP 5-4 LISICKI - BREAK! What a transformation! Halep claims a fourth game on the spin to take control of the set. A double fault leaves Lisicki in all sorts of trouble and the number three seed senses the German's anxiety to rack up a triple break point. Sabine saves one after a game of cat and mouse at the net before a barrage of aggressive groundstrokes eventually wear down Lisicki who fires long of the baseline. Halep to serve for the opening set.
- - HALEP 4-4 LISICKI - It's not routine but Simona gets the job done eventually to tie it at 4-4. A first ace of the match followed by a long forehand from Lisicki puts Halep well in control but the German hits back with a sizzling forehand that completely bamboozles her opponent. The Romanian then puts too much angle on a shot down the line to tie it at deuce. She shrugs off a double fault from advantage to force a return error from Lisicki before finally sealing it with a rasping crosscourt winner.
- - HALEP 3-4 LISICKI - BREAK! The number three seed is showing signs she is settling down and hits back on the second of two break points. Lisicki saves one with a powerful first serve but then gifts her opponent the game with a woeful volley at the net when it looked all set for deuce.
- - HALEP 2-4 LISICKI - The Romanian pulls off a firm first serve to seal it to 30 as Lisicki can only block the return long. But it's the German who snares the point of the game with an audacious dropshot from the baseline that clips the net and drops over. She apologises but her grin says she was loving the fact that came off!
- - HALEP 1-4 LISICKI - A thumping ace puts Lisicki in control at 40-15 and her power proves too much once more as Halep struggles to control her groundstrokes. At the moment it's passing Simona by in a bit of a blur.
- - HALEP 1-3 LISICKI - Halep will be breathing a sigh of relief as she finally gets on the board. Lisicki overcooks a return on a weak second serve at 30-15 and then finds the next one too hot too handle. It's a hold but it still wasn't convincing from the Romanian who offered up a couple of opportunities that Lisicki didn't take.
- - HALEP 0-3 LISICKI - This a hugely impressive start from last year's finalist as she consolidates in style. A wonderful drop shot clinches it to 30 after Halep had misfired a forehand wide of the tramlines.
- - HALEP 0-2 LISICKI - BREAK! A net cord at 30-0 goes against the number three seed and Lisicki seizes her chance, taking the next three points. A thumping return tees up the chance of a break and although Halep saves it with a crosscourt backhand, the 19th seed's aggression proves too much and she secures the early advantage.
- - STAT: Halep's win over Zarina Diyas in the last 16 means she is only the second Romanian, after Virginia Ruzici in 1978 and 1981, to secure a spot in the women's quarter-finals.
- - HALEP 0-1 LISICKI. The German gets off to the best possible start, holding serve with the minimum of fuss.
12.10 - The players have completed the warm up and Lisicki will serve first.
12.10 - The winner today will face either Eugenie Bouchard or Angelique Kerber in the last four. That match is kicking off the schedule over on court one and you can keep an eye on game-by-game coverage of that here: https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/tennis/livematch/681428.html
12.05 - HEAD-TO-HEAD: The players have met on three previous occasions with Halep winning two encounters. The Romanian won their most recent clash with a three-set victory in Madrid earlier this year.
12.00 - Good afternoon and welcome to live coverage of the women's quarter-final match between number three seed, Simona Halep and 2013 finalist, Sabine Lisicki. The players are due on centre court shortly.
|Date of Birth||27/09/1991|
|Date of Birth||22/09/1989|