|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- It was a brave attempt from Cilic to take down Djokovic but he fell away badly after going two sets to one up against the top seed. Djokovic is through to yet another Grand Slam semi-final and this time he will face not defending champion Andy Murray as he might have expected but young pretender Grigor Dimitrov. And if the Bulgarian can play on Friday like he did today what a semi-final that will be!
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 6-7(4) 6-2 6-2 Cilic. GAME, SET AND MATCH. Just like in the rest of the set, Djokovic races through a love service hold to complete this match. The Serb cruises up to the net and slices a neat backhand volley down the line for a winner to seal the win that puts him into this year's Wimbledon semi-finals.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 6-7(4) 6-2 5-2 Cilic. BREAK. The crowd try to get Cilic pumped up a bit as he saves a break point with a big first serve that Djokovic can only return wide down the line. But a huge backhand down the line from the top seed on the second of his break points is returned wide off the forehand wing by Cilic. That's a double break for the Serb, who will serve for the match after the change of ends.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 6-7(4) 6-2 4-2 Cilic. There's a ripple of applause around Court 1 as Djokovic posts another very solid service hold. This match has fallen a bit flat since the start of the fourth set and the crowd seem to have gone that way as well. Shame, as the end of the third set saw some captivating tennis being played.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 6-7(4) 6-2 3-2 Cilic. The Croat doubles his output in this final set with a battling hold from 30-all but Djokovic is looking very content now, calmly cruising through his own service games and attempting to apply the pressure on Cilic's serve.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 6-7(4) 6-2 3-1 Cilic. Another cruisey service hold for Djokovic as he comfortably maintains his break advantage in the final set. The Serb flashes down another ace to bring up three game points before a backhand return error from Cilic seals it in Djokovic's favour.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 6-7(4) 6-2 2-1 Cilic. An important service hold for Cilic to get off the mark in this fifth set and stop Djokovic completely running away with things. A double break lead for the Serb in his current mood and surely this match would have been lost.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 6-7(4) 6-2 2-0 Cilic. This match is rapidly getting away from Cilic as Djokovic eases through a love service hold to consolidate his break lead in this decider. The Serb sealed the game with his eighth ace of the afternoon before dismissively flicking away the spare ball.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 6-7(4) 6-2 1-0 Cilic. BREAK. Djokovic is all over the Cilic serve right from the start and immediately gets the opening break in the fifth set. The Serb, who has looked much calmer since putting on those new shoes, races up to the net to sealing the break, securing the point with a neat backhand volley winner.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 6-7(4) 6-2 Cilic. SET. A much more comfortable slide this time around for Djokovic although it still results in an error from the Serb as Cilic pushes him to 30-all. A couple of much better serves from Djokovic though, and he has levelled up this match at two sets all, Cilic going long with forehand return across court. Can the Croat regroup in time for this fifth set?
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 6-7(4) 5-2 Cilic. Cilic also cruises through a comfortable service hold, albeit to 15 instead of matching Djokovic's love hold. Still it's a confident hold from the Croat as he also posts another ace. But the top seed will serve for the fourth set after the change of ends.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 6-7(4) 5-1 Cilic. The Djokovic service holds are flying by now as he posts a second consecutive love game, racking up another ace in the process, to leave Cilic serving to stay in this fourth set.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 6-7(4) 4-1 Cilic. A much better service game from Cilic as he holds for the loss of just the one point, Djokovic continuing to gesture to his box about his lack of grip underfoot. A confidence boosting hold for the Croat there, it's a long way back in this set but getting a couple of holds under his belt will help heading into the decider.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 6-7(4) 4-0 Cilic. Cilic's level has dropped, no doubt about that as Djokovic races through a love service hold to consolidate the double break, sealing it with an ace.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 6-7(4) 3-0 Cilic. BREAK. An absolutely ferocious injection of pace on a cross court forehand approach shot from Cilic leaves Djokovic putting up a high backhand lob. It only just drops over the net and this time Cilic is careful not to hit the net with his follow through but a forehand error a couple of points later hands Djokovic the chance for a double break. And this time he gets it easily, when Cilic slaps down a double fault. Exactly the kind of start Djokovic would have wanted in this fourth set.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 6-7(4) 2-0 Cilic. Djokovic received a new pair of shoes from coach Boris Becker at the change of ends but didn't have time to change into them - that will have to wait for the full change of ends. He might regret that decision though as a backhand error immediately gives Cilic a break back chance. The Croat nets his backhand return, off a decent but not brilliant first serve from Djokovic, to squander it and the Serb goes on to hold, albeit at the second attempt, when Cilic's chipped backhand return ends up in the bottom of the net.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 6-7(4) 1-0 Cilic. BREAK. A big serve that Djokovic can only return into the net gets Cilic out of a spot of bother at 30-all although the Serb quickly applies the pressure again at deuce when Cilic fails to find the court with a forehand. Djokovic slips again on the baseline and displays a shrug of frustration despite Cilic gitting to long to allow Djokovic an early break point. The Croat saves it with an ace but hands Djokovic a second chance with a forehand lob attempt that drops short into the net. And this time, the Serb does break when Cilic sends a forehand smash just wide into the tramlines across court.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 6-7(4) Cilic. SET. The Croat has come up with the big serve a few times before being unable to take advantage of it, instead following up with an error. This time it's a netted forehand that allows Djokovic back into things but the Serb puts a forehand long to hand initiative back to Cilic. This time the mini-break lead is turned into a set point, which is then in turn, confirmed as a two sets to one lead for the Croat as he fires a backhand across court that a sprinting Djokovic can only lob wide off the backhand wing with his back to the court. If Djokovic is to reach the Wimbledon semi-finals this year, he will have to do so in five sets.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 6-6 (2-4) Cilic. TIE-BREAK. Djokovic is left really struggling to maintain his composure as he again slips to the ground when chasing down a drop shot on the first point of the breaker. Mini-break to Cilic. The Croat consolidates his early lead with a forehand winner across court before handing surrendering it with a forehand long and a netted forehand return. Another small slip from Djokovic, although time he manages to stay on his feet, unsettles the Serb enough that he nets a forehand and Cilic re-establishes his mini-break lead just before the change of ends with a great drop shot that Djokovic flings himself at in vain - the Serb again ending up on the floor, although more through his own fault.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 6-6 Cilic. BREAK. A horrible error from Cilic on the first point of the game. He has the point won, Djokovic is out of position and all Cilic has to do is put his easy smash up at the net into the open court. But somehow the Croat hits the net with his follow-through immediately surrendering his winner. He levels up at 15-all with a winner before going long with a forehand and then wide with a forehand to leave himself in real trouble. Two break back points to Djokovic. The top seed only needs the one though, working his way into the net while Cilic goes long with a poor forehand lob. Djokovic has broken back and this third set will be decided on a tie-break.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 5-6 Cilic. BREAK. Djokovic slips twice in the course of one rally, first on one side of the baseline and then on the other as Cilic is impressively aggressive to go 15-30 up. A double fault follows from Djokovic to hand Cilic just his second break opportunity of the match. The Serb misses his first serve to give Cilic a look at the second serve but the Croat ends up netting a forehand after a short baseline exchange. He still has one chance remaining though and this one he takes, a stretched forehand return landing right on the baseline making it difficult for Djokovic to time his reply. It's a reply that sails long from the Serb and Cilic has the break that will allow him to serve for this third set after the change of ends.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 5-5 Cilic. A dismissively frustrated forehand from Djokovic with Cilic leading 40-0 turns into a pretty good service return that the Croat can only send back wide. It's only a temporary respite for the Serb, however, as Cilic holds at the second attempt with a huge first serve just as the clock ticks past the two hour mark.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 5-4 Cilic. Cute from Djokovic as he dinks a neat forehand drop shot over the net. Cilic sees it coming but such is the quality of the shot from the Serb that Cilic can't get the ball back up and over the net despite getting to the ball in enough time to have a play on it. Djokovic is left with a wry smile on his face when he nets what should be a fairly straight-forward backhand volley as it lets Cilic peg the Serb back to 40-30. But Djokovic is let off the hook on the next point when Cilic goes for too much on a backhand down the line. The Serb will have to serve to stay in this third set after the change of ends.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 4-4 Cilic. An injection of great pace from Cilic on a cross court off-forehand, the Croat having run round the ball first. Djokovic can only send his cross court backhand wide to squander a first break point while Cilic saves the second with an ace. The Serb gets a third chance, grinding down Cilic and eventually drawing the error from the Croat. Djokovic seems furious with a late ish call on his backhand across court but is probably more annoyed with himself than anything after missing yet another break point opportunity. Hawkeye confirmed the ball did miss, by the way, and Cilic goes on to hold, albeit after a couple of game points, with an ace.
- Grigor Dimitrov's star continues to rise as he has knocked out defending champion Andy Murray from the tournament. Many people thought that he would give the Brit a great tussle today and many even predicted he could win. Very few would have predicted the Bulgarian would do it in STRAIGHT SETS. But that's exactly what he has done and it is Grigor Dimitrov who awaits the winner between Djokovic and Cilic in the semi-finals.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 4-3 Cilic. Once again the Djokovic backhand goes missing and Cilic finds himself in a great position to force a break point from deuce. That chance gets even better when Djokovic is forced to scamper wide to chase down a brilliant backhand return from Cilic. But the Croat can only go long with his attempted change-of-direction backhand down the line and Djokovic goes on to hold on the next point with a netted forehand.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 3-3 Cilic. The Croat suffers a little slip on the baseline but somehow manages to right himself to not only stay in the rally but to also go on to find a deep enough forehand that Djokovic cannot return in play. Still all square as things start to get serious in this third set. Who will find the breakthrough first?
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 3-2 Cilic. Cilic gets the chance to apply the pressure on the Djokovic serve when the Serb again misses a straight-forward forehand. But Cilic goes for too much on a backhand and Djokovic goes on to hold and remain just marginally in front in this third set.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 2-2 Cilic. Djokovic makes a trip into the net and does enough with his backhand cross court volley to draw the netted backhand passing shot attempt from Cilic. It brings up two break points. The first goes begging with a missed return from the Serb, while he also squanders the second chance with a shocking backhand drive volley attempt after doing all the hard work to set up the winner. Cilic then earns himself a game point with a monster, change of direction, inside out forehand winner across court after backing away and around the ball. Cilic can't seal the game at his first attempt but gets it at the second when Djokovic chips a forehand well wide across court.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 2-1 Cilic. Djokovic eases through a quick service hold to 15, the only dropped point coming off a backhand error from the Serb. The top seed looks more focused in this third set than he did at this stage of the second but Cilic has the confidence of that second set under his belt now and has definitely lifted his level considerably from the opening set.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 1-1 Cilic. Great serving again from Cilic as he picks up in this third set where he left off in the second. Cilic finds himself in a spot of bother early on but levels at 30-all with a forehand winner before rattling off another couple of points in quick succession to secure the hold.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 1-0 Cilic. A good hold from Djokovic to get things up and running in this third set. The highlight in that game a great return from Cilic that lands just inches short of the baseline but it is returned by an even better backhand half-volley from Djokovic, the ball just climbing over the net for a drop shot winner.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-6 Cilic. SET. Djokovic levels up at 30-all with a scintilating backhand passing shot winner across court that dips as he clears the net. But a backhand winner from Cilic brings up a first set point for the Croat, who then levels the match at one set apeice with a big first serve that Djokovic can only return long down the centre of the court.
- Djokovic 6-1 3-5 Cilic. Djokovic is not particularly happy with the noise coming both from Centre Court and also from the hill just behind Court 1 as the masses around SW19 watch the Andy Murray match. The noise coming from those areas, the hill in particular, as Murray engages in quite a tussle with Grigor Dimitrov is considerable and Djokovic has a sarcastic exchange with the umpire grumbling: "Why don't you just put the match up on the big screen? Then we can all watch it". Still, he recovers his composure enough to hold to 30 with an ace and force Cilic to at least try and serve out this second set.
- Djokovic 6-1 2-5 Cilic. Slightly nervy moments as Djokovic slips on the baseline. But unlike a couple of rounds ago the Serb is quick to get back up and is fortunately unharmed. Still Cilic is really starting to fire now as he brings up a game points with a backhand winner riffled down the line followed by a smash winner across court. Djokovic goes long with a backhand return off a decent body serve from the Croat and he will have to serve to stay in this second set after the change of ends.
- Djokovic 6-1 2-4 Cilic. A love service game from Djokovic, sealed with a big first serve that Cilic cannot return in play, gets things back on track for the Serb, albeit with him still trailing by a break. It keeps the pressure on Cilic though.
- Djokovic 6-1 1-4 Cilic. Cilic eases through a solid service hold to consolidate his break in this second set, sealing the game with an ace down the centre of the court and stretching his lead. Djokovic has got a real battle on his hands now.
- Djokovic 6-1 1-3 Cilic. BREAK. Djokovic throws in just his third double fault of the whole tournament before also netting a low forehand to allow Cilic a rare hint of a chance at 15-30. The Serb quickly recovers, an ace bring up a game point, but another sloppy shot - this time a backhand - into the net allows Cilic back into proceedings as he levels at deuce. A backhand smash error from the world number two hands Cilic a first break point and, completely against the run of play, the Croat does break. Djokovic goes well wide across court with a backhand to concede his serve.
- Djokovic 6-1 1-2 Cilic. The Croat goes wide with a cross court forehand as he goes for too much, mindful of Djokovic's superior movement around the baseline. It allows Djokovic to level up at 30-all while a netted forehand a couple of points later allows the Serb to level at deuce. But Cilic avoids any danger with two agressive points in quick succession to secure the hold from there.
- Djokovic 6-1 1-1 - Cilic enjoys his most successful game so far on the Djokovic serve as he wrong-foots the Serb on the baseline to level at deuce. The top seed comes out of it unscathed though, a forehand approach shot deep across court resulting in a forehand reply long from Cilic to snuff out the danger. A little "come on" from Djokovic after he seals the game demonstrates he knows that he was pushed for the first time there.
- Djokovic 6-1 0-1 Cilic. A double fault hands Djokovic an early break point in this second set. Cilic saves it with a good first serve that the Serb cannot return in play but an inside-out forehand wide across court from the Croat quickly hands Djokovic a second chance. More aggressive play from the 26th seed saves this one, a cross court forehand winner eventually winning the point before Djokovic nets a backhand return to let Cilic off the hook. Much better spirit from Cilic in that game. Can it kick-start his match?
- Djokovic 6-1 Cilic. SET. The Serb nets a forehand approach shot for an uncharacteristic mistake that allows Cilic into the game before the Croat takes the lead with a forehand flashed across court for a winner. But a backhand winner down the line followed by forehand return into the net from Cilic brings up a first set point for the top seed. One set point is all it takes though as Djokovic fires down a service winner to wrap the first set up after just 27 minutes.
- Djokovic 5-1 Cilic. BREAK. Cilic finds himself staring at another break point when a forehand error again costs him. The Croat finds his first ace of the match at just the right time to save it before moving ahead with an assured shoulder-height forehand volley. Djokovic denies him on game point though, landing the ball right on the baseline with his approach shot so as to see the ball not bounce up at all. An ill-advised forehand drop shot from Cilic, that drops well short into the net, hands Djokovic a second break point which the Croat also saves with a good first serve (albeit not an ace this time). Another netted forehand from Cilic hands Djokovic a third chance to secure the double break before a double fault sees the Croat concede his serve in the most disappointing of fashions. Djokovic will serve for the opening set.
- Djokovic 4-1 Cilic. Djokovic mis-times a couple of ground-strokes again, the worst of which is a forehand down the line that goes well wide. But it's another pretty comfortable hold for the top seed as he continues to ease through this opening set.
- Djokovic 3-1 Cilic. Djokovic goes for the injection of pace as he moves out wide to a forehand but nets the ball down the centre of the court to help Cilic secure two game points. The Croat goes long with a forehand on the first but does belatedly get his side of the scoreboard ticking over with an ace on the second.
- Djokovic 3-0 Cilic. A couple of chances for Cilic as Djokovic is yet to really start timing his ball perfectly. The Serb hits a couple of errors to allow Cilic to level at 30-all after a slow start to the game. But Djokovic quickly slams the door shut and produces two much more aggressive points to hold without the loss of another point and consolidate his early break. The bad news for Cilic is that Djokovic doesn't appear to have quite found his rhythm yet and is still a break up.
- Djokovic 2-0 Cilic. BREAK. Djokovic has an leisurely jog up the court to put away a forehand winner across court after Cilic is left flailing at an agressive inside out cross court forehand from the Serb. An early break point quickly follows for the world number two and that is quickly turned into the first break, a deep backhand return from Djokovic proving too much for Cilic as he nets his backhand reply. A stuttering start from the Croat and he has been made to pay for it.
- Djokovic 1-0 Cilic. Boom. A very confident opening service game for the top seed as he races through a love hold that he seals with an ace straight down the centre of the court.
- Here we go then, the players are ready to go and it will be Djokovic to kick things off as he won the toss and opted to serve first ...
- Djokovic has looked pretty impressive so far this tournament, dropping just the one set on his way to this stage - against Radek Stepanek. And his head-to-head record against Cilic will fill him with even more confidence. Djokovic has won all nine of the previous encounters between the two - and, in fact, has only twice dropped a set to Cilic. Those two dropped sets were both tie-break sets and came back at the 2008 US Open and at this year's French Open.
- "I expect him to come on to the court and play instead of us," Djokovic said of Becker's competitive nature. "Goran is a legend of our sport, and especially in Croatia and in our ex-Yugoslavian countries. He's somebody that we respect a lot (but) there is no difference in our approach in terms of practice and what we work on, and I will try to stick to the kind of a game plan that I had against Marin in the previous occasions."
- This clash is being tagged as the battle of the super coaches as Boris Becker's Djokovic takes on Goran Ivanisevic's Cilic.
- Despite being world number two, Djokovic is seeded top for this tournament on account of reaching last year's final. Cilic, meanwhile, is seeded 26th this year.
- Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage of world number two Novak Djokovic's quarter-final clash against Croatia's Marin Cilic.
|Date of Birth||22/05/1987|
|Date of Birth||28/09/1988|