No comments yet - Leave a comment
|Nationality||Player||Set 1||Set 2||Set 3||Set 4||Set 5|
- Wozniacki 6-0 6-1 Errani. GAME, SET AND MATCH. And that folks is that. Caroline Wozniacki is through to face Peng Shuai in the last four of the US Open and a very impressive demolition of Sara Errani. The Dane even throws in another double fault to keep things interesting but a smash winner and Errani's 12th unforced error of the match see Wozniacki over the line in one hour and four minutes.
- Wozniacki 6-0 5-1 Errani. Break. Wozniacki's turn now to make a few trips into the net. She opens with a forehand volley winner and quickly follows it up with a brutal smash winner before sealing the game, another break, with a backhand winner. After only just over an hour on court, Wozniacki will serve for a very comprehensive victory and a place in the US Open semi-finals.
- Wozniacki 6-0 4-1 Errani. It's not that Errani isn't getting chances to force her way into this match, it's that she seems completely incapable of taking them tonight. Wozniacki throws in another slightly slack game on serve and gifts the Italian another break point after netting a straight forward backhand. But Errani simply can't do anything with the opportunity and Wozniacki goes on to hold and consolidate the double break.
- Wozniacki 6-0 3-1 Errani. Break. A forehand winner from Errani opens the game but it continues to be about the error count from the Italian as she gifts Woznicki another break after yet more unforced errors. And Wozniacki takes full advantage with a backhand winner to seal her fifth break of the Errani serve and put her firmly back in control of this set.
- Wozniakci 6-0 2-1 Errani. An ace and a backhand winner from Wozniacki means she can afford to throw in a double fault without it costing her anything and it's another very comfortable hold for the Dane as she gets things back on track.
- Wozniacki 6-0 1-1 Errani. Break. Ouch. After all that hard work in the previous game to break the Wozniacki serve and get off the mark, Errani gifts the Dane the break back with a series of unforced errors. Wozniacki breaks the Italian's serve for the fourth time as she pulls level in this second set.
- Wozniacki 6-0 0-1 Errani. Break. Errani, finally, is off the mark in this set! The Italian continues to bombard the net and maybe it is a tactic that's starting to pay off as she earns herself a break point with a forehand volley winner. Wozniacki saves it with a backhand passing shot down the line but Errani persists and finds back-to-back backhand volley winners to secure not only her first game of the match but also to break the Wozniacki serve.
- Wozniacki 6-0 Errani. Set. Oof. Errani is handed the ignominy of a bagel first as she is broken to love by Wozniacki. The Italian didn't ultimately do too much wrong in that game, although a smash error will give her nightmares for a few days after this tournament, but Wozniacki is just on blistering form and rattles off a forehand winner, a backhand winner and then a second forehand winner to wrap up the opening set in just 29 minutes.
- Wozniacki 5-0 Errani. The Italian, clearly conscious that she is not having any luck from the baseline tonight, attempts to mix things up with a few trips into the net and rattles off a couple of forehand volley errors. But she also gets picked off by Wozniacki a couple of times and the Dane hold with an ace. Errani will have to serve to stay in this opening set next.
- Wozniacki 4-0 Errani. Break. Wozniacki looks like she is going to continue her dominant start to this clash when she reels off three more big winners, two off the forehand wing and one off the backhang. Errani forces her way back into the game with a couple of much better first serves but Wozniacki earns herself a third break point and this time she does secure the double break with a backhand winner battered straight down the line.
- Wozniacki 3-0 Errani. Back-to-back aces from the Dane help her on her way to a love service hold to consolidate the early break and so far Errani is barely in this match. It's all about Wozniacki, who is looking to back up her very impressive fourth round win over Maria Sharapova from two days ago
- Wozniacki 2-0 Errani. Break. Ouch. Errani is all over the place with her serve and gets just one point on the board, and backhand winner, before handing Wozniacki two break points with a series of unforced errors. The Dane only needs the one though and she does secure the early break when Errani again fails with the backhand.
- Wozniacki 1-0 Errani. Not the best of starts from the Dane is she is forced to fend off early break points. But she manages to ease her way into the game by saving them all, including the last when Sara Errani does all the hard one only to net an easy forehand. And from there Wozniacki goes on to hold with a booming backhand winner.
- Here we go then. The players are just about ready to go and it will be Woziacki to get things underderway by serving first ..
- Hello and welcome to LIVE coverage from this women's quarter-final clash between 10th seeded Dane Caroline Wozniacki and 13th seeded Italian Sara Errani.
|Date of Birth||11/07/1990|
|Date of Birth||29/04/1987|