Chances of Man City slip-up laid bare as supercomputer highlights Arsenal title threat

Mikel Arteta, Manager of Arsenal, looks on

Arsenal will be watching on nervously when North London rivals Tottenham take on title favourites Manchester City on Tuesday evening.

Pep Guardiola's side are preparing to face Spurs with City knowing that victory will see them return to the summit with just one game left. The champions will end the campaign at home to West Ham United on Sunday afternoon.

The Gunners meanwhile end the season against Everton at the Emirates Stadium. Mikel Arteta's team do have the advantage of a superior goal difference, although only by three goals with their hopes of winning a first league title since 2004 out of their hands.

And the supercomputer at Opta has had its say on the possible outcome of the title race. They have City as comfortable favourites, giving them a 58.9 percent chance of winning the title whilst Arsenal have a 41.1 percent chance.

"It's obvious. We have just one option: win the game. We travel for that," Guardiola said ahead of Spurs.

"I have a theory as a manager that what we did [at the weekend] is over. 15 goals is fine to give us the points to be still here but it doesn't give us anything extra for tomorrow when we start the game.

READ MORE: Arsenal have Tottenham reality check as fan debate rages over backing Man City slip

READ MORE: Every Arsenal Premier League title permutation as Tottenham can gift Gunners trophy vs Man City

"Yesterday and today, see how Spurs are as a team and see what has changed lately - different players are playing - and the mindset is easy because if we don't win we don't win the Premier League. We have to know exactly what they are as a team so demanding this season because they are more proactive with a different manager.

"They are so aggressive, it doesn't matter if they are losing 4-0 at Anfield they continue with the game plan that they believe in. The difficulty is there but we know what we are playing for to give us the chance to have the last game at home depending on us."