The Football Association has confirmed England will pay tribute to the 50 victims of the Christchurch terror attacks.
At least 50 people died and 30 were left injured, with nine in critical condition, following shootings at two mosques last week.
Games in the Premier League and English Football League did not see a minute’s silence pre-match, nor did those matches in the FA Cup quarter-finals.
It led to criticism from some quarters, with former FA race equality board chair Yunus Lunat vocalising his frustration to BBC Sport.
But the FA have now said a tribute will be made on Friday, when England host Czech Republic in a Euro 2020 qualifier.
“We will pay tribute to the victims of the tragedy in New Zealand at the England v Czech Republic match on Friday 22 March,” the FA said in a statement.
“We will remember everyone affected by the terrible events in Christchurch.”
Lunat previously pointed to France’s terror attacks in 2015 and 2016, where clubs around the country held a minute’s silence pre-match, as well as wearing black armbands.
Wembley had also been lit up in France’s Tricolore to show solidarity, leading to Lunat accusing English football’s governing bodies of ‘double standards’.
Lunat told BBC Sport on Monday: “There is no excuse, whenever something has happened, not even on the same scale, football has always come out and paid tribute.
“It is double standards and hypocrisy. To hold a minute’s silence was the right thing to do. When it happens for the events, it has to happen across the board for every attack.”