New footage sheds more light on Mo Salah and Jurgen Klopp spat during Liverpool vs West Ham

New footage of the row shows the extent of what had happened
New footage of the row shows the extent of what had happened -Credit:beIN Sports

Fresh footage showing more of the touchline spat between Mohamed Salah and Jurgen Klopp in Liverpool’s draw at West Ham has emerged.

The duo were seen exchanging verbals and gesticulating at one another prior to Salah’s introduction from the bench on 79 minutes, immediately after Michail Antonio’s equaliser for the hosts at the London Stadium.

Klopp refused to discuss the incident after full-time and said the issue had been dealt with in the dressing room. But Salah - who was axed from the starting XI - was still unhappy after the chat, telling reporters in the mixed zone that “there is going to be fire today if I speak."

READ MORE: Jurgen Klopp responds to Mohamed Salah argument

READ MORE: Mohamed Salah gives shock reply in mixed zone after furious row

It’s unclear what prompted the discord and what was said during the animated exchange. A new clip of the incident which was recorded from the stands has now been shared on social media, which offers more insight than the initial TV shots that were broadcast.

The video shows Klopp going for a hand slap with Salah, who was initially walking on the other side of a physio standing on the touchline. The manager then approaches his winger and the pair end up shaking hands.

However, a conversation appears to ensue for a few seconds with Salah seen shrugging his shoulders a number of times. Klopp then turns to fellow oncoming substitutes Darwin Nunez and Joe Gomez, and exchanges hand slaps with them ahead of their entry to the game.

All four watched on as West Ham went close to scoring. The camera zoomed out but caught Klopp and Salah returning to conversation. Salah appears to get upset, prompting Gomez and Nunez to step in and act as barriers between the manager and player.

West Ham then scored through Antonio’s header with all four looking bereft. The trio of players made their way onto the pitch moments later but couldn't help Liverpool find a winner as the game ended 2-2.

Jarrod Bowen had put West Ham ahead just before half-time until an Andy Robertson strike and an Alphonse Areola own goal put the visitors ahead, only for the home side to equalise 12 minutes later to add another nail in Liverpool’s title coffin.

Speaking in his press conference, Klopp remained coy on what had happened on the touchline. He said: "We spoke about it in the dressing room but it’s done for me. That’s all. That’s it. It was my impression [that it’s resolved for Salah too], yes."