West Ham chances of causing Man City upset revealed amid Arsenal Premier League title wait

Arsenal go into the final day of the Premier League season knowing they need a favour from West Ham to be crowned champions.

The Gunners welcome Everton to Emirates Stadium on Sunday while the Hammers travel to Manchester City. Pep Guardiola's side currently lead Arsenal by two points and a win against West Ham will see them win a fourth consecutive title.

Mikel Arteta knows his side must overcome Everton first before hoping for a favour from their London rivals. "Jesus, we are in the last day of the season playing for the Premier League. The Premier League trophy hasn’t been at the Emirates yet and it was built almost 20 years ago. That’s a long, long time," Arteta said at his pre-match press conference.

"We have to be very optimistic. The trophy is going to be there and it’s possible we have to do our duties and then we wait and see what happens." The Spaniard added: "It’s really difficult to beat any opponent in the Premier League. When something is at stake that task becomes more difficult. But that’s not in our control."

So, what are the chances of West Ham causing an upset? Well, the BestOnlinePokerSites supercomputer has given the Hammers a 12.4 per cent chance of winning at the Etihad Stadium. David Moyes' side have a 17.4 per cent chance of drawing in Manchester, while the probability of a home win is 70.2 per cent, according to the supercomputer.

READ MORE: At least six Arsenal players could say farewell during final day clash with Everton

READ MORE: How Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta reacted to Son Heung-min miss against Man City

Arsenal, as you would expect, are favourites for their clash against Everton. The supercomputer has given Arteta's side a 69.3 per cent chance of winning, while the probability of a draw is 16.6 per cent and the probability of an Everton win is 13.1 per cent.

So, if the supercomputer is anything to go by, Man City are heavily backed to win a fourth consecutive Premier League title. But West Ham could indeed cause an upset, albeit they have been given a very small chance of doing so.

Arteta, at least, is remaining positive. "Certainly now is the most important moment," the Gunners boss said. "Can’t wait for Sunday to be in front of us. Very optimistic for the possible outcome."