Satisfy your KBBQ craving with this simple bulgogi recipe
Our team is dedicated to finding and telling you more about the products and deals we love. If you love them too and decide to purchase through the links below, we may receive a commission. Pricing and availability are subject to change.
When cooking at home, bulgogi bowls solve two common problems: picky eaters and being short on time. The meat in this beef bulgogi bowl recipe cooks in just 3 minutes, and the bowls are totally customizable to allow everyone to incorporate their desired toppings. Whip up this popular Korean dish at home for lunch, or serve it to a group for dinner!
For the bulgogi
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp light brown sugar
1 tbsp gochugaru or 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
¼ pear, grated
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 clove garlic, grated
1 tbsp grated, peeled ginger
1 lb. trimmed hanger steak
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Cooked white rice
Spicy cucumber salad
1. Make the marinade. In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, light brown sugar, gochugaru, pear, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. Mix and set aside.
2. Slice your hanger steak into ⅛-inch thick slices.
3. Add the meat to the marinade. Stir and set aside to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
4. In a skillet, heat your vegetable oil. Then, add the marinated meat and a dash of salt, and cook on medium-high for 3 minutes.
5. Assemble your bulgogi bowl. Add a spoonful of meat to a bowl of cooked white rice. Top with spicy cucumber salad, kimchi, and scallions. Enjoy!
The post Satisfy your KBBQ craving with this simple bulgogi recipe appeared first on In The Know.
More from In The Know:
Are TikTokers accidentally eating plastic in the viral frozen Fruit Roll-Ups trend?
TikTokers are reflecting on how much they’ve changed in new ‘March 2020 vs. March 2023’ trend: ‘Ashley graham vibes. GORGEOUS’
OK, Emma Chamberlain isn’t charging $10K for an Instagram DM, but why was it advertised in the first place?
TikTokers tackle their existential realizations with penguin meme: ‘I knew I wasn’t crazy’