Jake Paul is dropping his financial offering to MMA legend Conor McGregor for a potential boxing bout after Dustin Poirier brutally knocked McGregor out at UFC 257 on Saturday night.
Paul, a YouTuber turned boxer, had a great laugh out of the ordeal and said across his social media accounts he was cutting his $50 million fight offer to barely nothing comparatively.
Paul laughs at McGregor’s UFC 257 TKO
Paul took to Instagram to laugh at the fighter for his knockout by Poirier at 2:32 of the second round. He said he would drop his offer of $50 million, which he made on Dec. 14 to urge a fight onto the schedule, to a mere $10,000.
He made the same call on YouTube since McGregor is “a ‘fighter’ and I’m a ‘YouTube kid,’” referencing an interview McGregor did with BT Sport earlier this week.
Paul said he’ll return to the ring April 17 in what was “supposed to be McGregor” as his opponent. An opponent for that has not been announced. He only made the fight public knowledge on Wednesday.
Will McGregor fight Paul?
Paul called out McGregor in a NSFW Instagram post in December. He said McGregor was scared to lose to a YouTuber since he’s 0-1 in the ring and Paul is 2-0.
His terms were eight three-minute rounds at 185 pounds.
McGregor said in an interview with BT Sport on Thursday “we’ll see what happens” in regards to the fight. He criticized Paul, calling him a “confused little kid,” and then seemed to back away from a potential fight by saying “it’s not on the radar at the minute.”
UFC president Dana White has dismissed the idea of a McGregor-Paul fight and instead suggested Paul fight UFC bantamweight and featherweight champion Amanda Nunes.
“I’m thinking of letting Amanda Nunes knock his ass out,” White said.
Nunes is on board.
More from Yahoo Sports: