Carlo Ancelotti addresses Erling Haaland plan as Real Madrid prepare for Man City
Carlo Ancelotti insists Real Madrid cannot focus on only Erling Haaland in Tuesday’s Champions League clash with Manchester City.
The Norway forward has hit 51 goals across all competitions during his first season under Pep Guardiola, breaking the Premier League scoring record along the way.
Despite the fact players rarely leave the Etihad Stadium during their prime years, Haaland continues to be linked with an eventual move to the Spanish capital.
Reports have previously suggested Haaland’s desire is to have a nomadic career in the mould of Cristiano Ronaldo and to test himself in other leagues around Europe.
Having conquered Germany and England by the age of 22, Madrid look like one of the only clubs who could possibly tempt Haaland away from a club as successful as City.
Naturally, the striker will garner plenty of attention heading into the tie but Ancelotti insists City are simply too dangerous to focus on only one player.
“We are not preparing a match to stop a player, we are preparing to stop an entire team who looks unstoppable," Ancelotti said.
"Manchester City didn’t change their style to accommodate Haaland, they have more options vertically with him using long balls and a more direct approach," he said. "But they are still a team that work the ball really well."