Who will win Miami Heat vs. Denver Nuggets? Predictions and odds for NBA Finals rematch

It has been nearly nine months since the Denver Nuggets surged past the Miami Heat for the team's first NBA title. On Thursday, the two teams are set to square off for the first time this regular season.

The Nuggets (40-19) are third in the NBA's Western Conference and just two games behind the first place Minnesota Timberwolves entering the matchup. They play host to the Heat (33-25), the team in fifth place in the Eastern Conference, 13 games behind the first place Boston Celtics but only five games back of the Cleveland Cavaliers in second.

Here's what to know ahead of the Thursday night clash.

Around the NBA: LeBron scores 34 points, leads Lakers' rally from 21-point deficit in 116-112 win over Clippers

Miami Heat vs. Denver Nuggets predictions

Sportsbook Wire: Nuggets 108, Heat 101

Kevin J. Erickson writes, "Miami has been hot against the number, but Denver is no slouch either, covering the past 4 outings. This is a giant game, and the Nuggets lately have been playing their best when the lights are the brightest."

Winners and Whiners: Take Miami against the spread

Viktor Allenson writes, "Miami looks like a top-notch defensive team at the moment. If the Heat continue to play in the same manner, the Nuggets will have a tall task to cover the spread."

ClutchPoints: Take the points for the Heat

Robert B. Hayek writes, "The Nuggets are the much better team. However, they are only 4-7 against the spread when they don't have any rest. The Heat are also 12-7 against the spread on the road, while the Nuggets are 13-13-1 against the spread at home. Expect the Heat to keep this close and cover the spread."

ESPN: Nuggets are favored at home

ESPN Analytics gives Denver a 62.5% chance to win this NBA Finals rematch at home. That leaves Miami a 37.5% chance to win using the same model.

LeBron James: Thirty nine year old closing in on 40,000 career points: Will anyone else ever score that many?

Heat vs. Nuggets: Odds, lines and spread for NBA game

The Nuggets are favorites to defeat the Heat in Thursday's NBA Finals rematch according to the BetMGM NBA odds. Looking to wager? Check out the best mobile sports betting apps offering sports betting promos in 2024.

All odds courtesy of BetMGM Thursday morning.

  • Spread: Nuggets (-4.5)

  • Moneyline: Nuggets (-200); Heat (+165)

  • Over/under: 214.5

How to watch Heat vs. Nuggets: TV channel and streaming

When: Thursday, Feb. 29 at 10 p.m. ET

Where: Ball Arena, Denver, Colo.

Cable TV: TNT

Streaming: Max; NBA League Pass; Sling; fuboTV

How to watch: Catch all NBA action this year with a Fubo subscription

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Miami Heat vs. Denver Nuggets: Predictions, odds, how to watch NBA game